Looking for that guy that was collecting info and creating the Benrus web site

Thread: Looking for that guy that was collecting info and creating the Benrus web site

Looking for that guy that was collecting info and creating the Benrus web site

I've got some info that links Benrus to Marathon and 2 other watch companies
    My new sig -----

Over the years I've collected all sorts of movements and "project" watches ... mainly inexpensive vintage pieces.

These days I've widened my gaze to include modern pieces (including quartz with analog or analog + digital displays) but with those I'm generally looking for models in solid steel cases.

Re: Looking for that guy that was collecting info and creating the Benrus web site

Wasn't it the guy who made this site? Ceasuri | Ceasuri Romania | Ceasuri de colectie

And you know, some of the rest of us are interested too... ;)

I thought Marathon was a toronto company that merged with Gallet In the 90's?
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

The facts should be checked before it is adopted

So I'm hoping he can check it with his info
    My new sig -----

Over the years I've collected all sorts of movements and "project" watches ... mainly inexpensive vintage pieces.

These days I've widened my gaze to include modern pieces (including quartz with analog or analog + digital displays) but with those I'm generally looking for models in solid steel cases.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Looking for that guy that was collecting info and creating the Benrus web site

Quote Originally Posted by AbslomRob View Post
    I thought Marathon was a toronto company that merged with Gallet In the 90's?
    I can never figure if companies merge or just get the rights to use the name .. some info connecting Marathon to Gallet starting in 1984 is here: Gallet Watch History Time Line - GalletWorld.com

I found some info connecting the Wein family that started Marathon with the Benrus company but it, in turn, is though a connection with the Clinton Watch Co: Hampden Watches

A few other brands are named in that article including Abra, Douglas, Wolbrook, Wenger, Cardinal, Hampden, St. Croix
    My new sig -----

Check out post #15 in this thread:
    New member with an interest in Hampden's - Page 2
    My new sig -----

The USPTO is a good source of info, but it can be tricky to parse. The Benrus rights are shown here: USPTO Assignments on the Web

And it bears out Joe's comments on WTF. The rights to Benrus (as a watch brand) was conveyed to Clinton Watch Company in 1981 (although it looks like there were security interests that weren't transferred until 1986, not sure what that was about). Then it transferred to MZ Berger in 1988 (some weird things happened there though; the transfer in 1988 was to a "Benrus Watch Corporation", but there's a later addition that references Irving Wein and a mistake during the 1988 transfer. Don't know enough about trademarks to understand what it's all saying)
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Thread Information