Looking for hour and minute hands for redialed vintage 34mm tissot visodate seastar mechanical watch

Thread: Looking for hour and minute hands for redialed vintage 34mm tissot visodate seastar mechanical watch

Looking for hour and minute hands for redialed vintage 34mm tissot visodate seastar mechanical watch

Just picked this watch up a few weeks ago and posted here asking for opinions on watch straps. The dial isn't original nor the hands. I like the dial as it is but the hands have no lume. Does anyone know where i can buy hour and minute hands for a watch like this. They don't have to be Tissot, frankly I don't care as long as they're lumed! Case measures 34mm and the watch is almost all dial. I don't know the measurements of the hands either. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Name:  Tissot.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  110.4 KB

Re: Looking for hour and minute hands for redialed vintage 34mm tissot visodate seastar mechanical w

Why not give re-luming the hands a try, if you feel confident enough to swap the hands already?

Otherwise you'd have to find out which movement it has, and find some hands that suit.

Or you could measure the holes on the current hands, if you have an accurate way of doing that.

Re: Looking for hour and minute hands for redialed vintage 34mm tissot visodate seastar mechanical w

As Kris says, you need to know what movement (my guess? Tissot 2481 H= 1.50mm, M= .90mm, but you need to know for sure…) you have to look up the hole sizes and be able to measure the hand lengths, then Otto Frei is the logical place to shop. As Kris said, re-luming is also a possibility, plenty of YouTube videos, like this one by Mark Lovick as to how to go about that.
    Last edited by Habitant; February 19th, 2016 at 15:20.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Kris The Swede and Habitant for the replies and links! I have never attempted anything like this before, but I'm good with my hands and technically inclined so this may be the way to go. I'll have to look into doing this myself, but first I'm going to check out some videos and see what's involved. Appreciate the help very much. I also found motorcitywatchworks.com and they do hand relumeing for $45.00, so that's always an option too.

Thanks again!

Thread Information