Looking for info about grandmother's Rolex

Thread: Looking for info about grandmother's Rolex

Looking for info about grandmother's Rolex

Hi all, I get many emails with watch questions. Last time I posted one the sender was very happy to get numerous helpful replys - thanks
    Here is a copy of a question from a gentelman who has inherited a lady's Rolex, and my answer to him below. Anyone have any info to share? I will send him a link to this post.

"> Hi Robert
    >
    > I was looking at your website and I would like to ask you a question.
    >
    > I have a ladies Rolex that my grandmother gave to me and I would like to get
    > an idea of how old it is and what value it might have,it is not for sale.
    >
    > I will try to describe the watch for you and if you could direct me to a
    > website or an individual that might be able to help I would appreciate it.
    >
    > It has a very small face and has 4 or 5 interchangeable different coloured
    > leather straps.Each band has the Rolex crown on the buckel.
    >
    > Thanking you in advance
    >
    > Sincerely
    >
    > Bruce
    > in Toronto"

Hi Bruce
    I have seen these watches, I believe it would be from the 1960's. I will post your question to the watch u seek vintage forum, they will not value your watch but may be able to help with some more info. It would be helpful if you post a photo of the watch to the forum (you will have to join before posting). Here is a link to your question, check directly for responses (it is a very friendly and helpful forum, if anyone can help you out they will)
    Best Regards
    Robert Laughlin
    Trebor's Vintage Watches

Last edited by Ray MacDonald; October 8th, 2008 at 14:00. Reason: signature link removed

Re: Looking for info about grandmother's Rolex

Ladies watches are hard to ID but if we had the serial number off the movement it would help.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Thread Information