Looking for info' about Roy Ehrhardt 16s replacement dials

Thread: Looking for info' about Roy Ehrhardt 16s replacement dials

Looking for info' about Roy Ehrhardt 16s replacement dials

Browsing eBay for Russian Molnija 50mm open face pocket watches I came across two that had replacement dials by Roy Ehrhardt. The dials were described as being of better quality than the original (not too difficult to do !).

I have a growing collection of 3602's with poor or missing dials and would like to get at least one back in use with a Roy Ehrhardt dial.

TIA

Vintage & NAWCC Forum moderator Ben_hutcherson's Avatar

Re: Looking for info' about Roy Ehrhardt 16s replacement dials

Roy Ehrhardt passed away about 10 years ago, and if any are out there, they would be old stock.

Most of the RE "dials" I have seen have actually been stickers that were applied over the top of an original dials. I have also seen aluminum disks drill and with dial feet attached, and with the decals applied over top of them. I don't know if the later came from Roy or not. Bill Selover, who goes by the name parttimeart on Ebay, has the bulk of the leftovers from Roy Ehrhardt and Heart of America(Roy's publishing company)-if any one would have some, he might.

In any case, the ones with which I'm familiar are universally very bad, and I'd find it hard to believe that they're better than the originals. The ones I've seen for American watches are usually so bad that I can spot them from the thumbnail in an Ebay search and from 10 feet away when I'm walking through a mart room-and that's without looking for the tell-tale blue 45 minute marker.
    Member National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors
    Member, NAWCC Chapter 149. Vice President and Secretary NAWCC Chapter 140. Member, NAWCC Convention Committee.
    Serious collector of American pocket watches-Waltham(and the predecessor companies) is my specialty.

Re: Looking for info' about Roy Ehrhardt 16s replacement dials

Ben. Thank you for the info'. I wont be persuing this quest any further.

Thread Information