Looking for info on N. Nardin & Co pocketwatch

Thread: Looking for info on N. Nardin & Co pocketwatch

Looking for info on N. Nardin & Co pocketwatch

Hello. My name is Mike and I am usually on the Omega forum.

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of N. Nardin and Co. My father has an old pocketwatch and I am unable to find any information on this watch company.

Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of the movement but I will take one during my next visit. It is quite a nice little key wind pocketwatch. Until I came to post, I was unaware of the importance in photographing the movement when identifying a pocketwatch. I did try but didn't want to force it open. Any bit of information on this watch will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking for info on N. Nardin & Co pocketwatch

If you can borrow the watch from your father for a few days during your next visit to him, try and get the back case open. Here is a very helpful article...

http://www.thewatchguy.com/pages/OPENCASE.html

...about how to open various casebacks. It certainly helped me!
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Thanks for posting. Although I've heard of Ulysse Nardin, I don't know if there is any relationship between that firm and N. Nardin.
    About all I can say is your watch looks like it's from the 19th century but I'd need to see the movement before trying to ID it further. Is one opening in the movement cover to set the watch and the other to wind it?

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rolling eyes Re: Looking for info on N. Nardin & Co pocketwatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    Thanks for posting. Although I've heard of Ulysse Nardin, I don't know if there is any relationship between that firm and N. Nardin.
    About all I can say is your watch looks like it's from the 19th century but I'd need to see the movement before trying to ID it further. Is one opening in the movement cover to set the watch and the other to wind it?
    I believe that is correct(one to wind and one to set) but I didn't actually wind it on this visit to find out for sure. The watch has been hanging in a display case since before I was born and I'm 43 now. My parents are coming to visit their grandchildren next month so I'll see if they'll bring it so I can hopefully get some photos of the movement.

I searched Google extensively and found nothing but Ulysse Nardin. I couldn't find any kind of reference to N. Nardin anywhere.

Thank you all for the replies so far. Maybe someone else will have heard of this company and I am anxious to see if the movement provides any clues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post

I searched Google extensively and found nothing but Ulysse Nardin. I couldn't find any kind of reference to N. Nardin anywhere.

There's a reference to one here:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...eled-gold-tone
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Marrick's skills at finding things continues to amaze me!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information