Looking for info : Sully Special Watch

Thread: Looking for info : Sully Special Watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for info : Sully Special Watch

Hi all,

I'm venturing over from the Omega forum
    A colleague of mine asked me if I might be able to find out some more info about a watch that was left to him by his grandfather. Google was no big help so I'm turning to you guys.

All I know besides that the watch and band are both solid gold is what you can see in pics below. Any info on the watch and brand are very welcome!

Thanks !

"I couldnít have a Breitling because I donít own an Audi. I couldnít have a Calvin Klein because they are pants, I couldnít have a Gucci because Iím not a footballistís wife, I couldnít have a TW Steel because my wrist isnít big enough to sport something that can be seen from space, I couldnít have a Tissot because Iím not eight and the only thing in the world worse than a fake Rolex is a real one." (Jeremy Clarkson)

Re: Looking for info : Sully Special Watch

Its not much, but Sully was a brand of FABRIQUE D'HORLOGERIE S.SCHAYA, of Switzerland. Hope someone else knows more!

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Can't add that much to that. Looks like a fairly generic watch of the early sixties with one of the better types of generic movement, probably by ETA or Adolf Schild (cf. "Incabloc" shock proofing, 25 jewel movement). A movement shot would clear thing up a bit more.

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    A movement shot would clear thing up a bit more.
    I know... I asked if I could but the owner does not want to have the watch opened by anyone other then a watchmaker.

"I couldnít have a Breitling because I donít own an Audi. I couldnít have a Calvin Klein because they are pants, I couldnít have a Gucci because Iím not a footballistís wife, I couldnít have a TW Steel because my wrist isnít big enough to sport something that can be seen from space, I couldnít have a Tissot because Iím not eight and the only thing in the world worse than a fake Rolex is a real one." (Jeremy Clarkson)

There's something here:

http://www.clockswatches.com/showindex.php?em=S

But they charge you to look.

The baton hands are characteristic of the 1970s but the case/dial looks more like the 1960s as Hartmut noted already. Certainly it's later than 1960.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Can you post a closeup of the logo?

I've come across a crown that has what appears to be the same.

Here's a close up :

Hope that helps

One went on ebay NL recently - not gold - which had a Schild movement. It didn't fetch much.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/Sully-special-man...QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah I know of these watches. My grandfather used to buy these as wedding and anniversary gifts. People used to love them.

I was wondering if anyone knows of somewhere I could buy a few, Sully Special's that is. Other than Ebay of course.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information