Looking for information on this vintage collection (Rolex, Jaeger, Eska)
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vtg

Thread: Looking for information on this vintage collection (Rolex, Jaeger, Eska)

vtg

Looking for information on this vintage collection (Rolex, Jaeger, Eska)

A colleague has tasked me as his internet savvy friend to look for information about his watch collection. Some pieces look quite unique, could you tell me more about them?Name:  eska1.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  61.4 KBName:  eska2.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  71.9 KBName:  eska3.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  57.6 KBName:  jaeger1.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  67.6 KBName:  jaeger2.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  48.8 KBName:  jaeger3.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  53.0 KBName:  jaeger4.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  68.9 KBName:  rolex1.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  64.3 KBName:  rolex2.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  97.8 KBName:  rolex-engraved1.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  66.2 KBName:  rolex-engraved2.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  41.8 KBName:  rolex3.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  31.0 KB
    Last edited by vtg; December 17th, 2011 at 01:06. Reason: last image too big
    randballen likes this.

Re: Looking for information on this vintage collection (Rolex, Jaeger, Eska)

Custom made women's watches it appears. Very unique but in reality only collectible to someone to whom they would appeal to. Women's watches just don't have a following...in particular custom made items. Probably worth more for the gold content.

That last watch...the Rolex Orchid is the nicest one of the bunch. Looks to be in nice shape but without posting pictures of the movement or serial numbers not much can be known about it. A quick google search led to a few threads about similar watches.

Generally elaborate ladies watches are valued as jewelry, not as watches. But these appear to be quality watches! (... can't ID the first maker though). On that level, the market usually values them at a multiple of the gold content, usually 2 to 3 X... but it varies depending on the house that make the band/case.

I wonder what the signatures on the caseback of the last watch mean? Some kind of special engraving for the recipient, I suppose.

The JLC is a real charmer... the others are just beautiful!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    ... can't ID the first maker though...
    Eska was the brand under which S. Kocher sold watches. "Ess" and "Ka" are the way one pronounces the initials of the manufacturer in german. Kocher was an etablisseur, and never made their own movements to my knowledge, but I do like to keep an eye on them as, in my estimation, they had an original and sometimes zany eye for design.

An example from the collection:
    Last edited by LouS; December 17th, 2011 at 17:46.

Thread Information