Looking for my first vintage watch
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JohnF

Thread: Looking for my first vintage watch

Looking for my first vintage watch

Hello! I was kind of hoping you guys here could help me. As per the thread title, i am in the market for my first vintage wristwatch as I feel it will round out my collection nicely. The watch that initially set me down this path was this FC...

(Pic shamelessly stolen off of WUS,apologies to the author)

I love the clean lines , this model is a 38mm quartz. I don't mind it being quartz due to the lack of a seconds hand (i think the auto is 40mm). I have a white faced watch which is 38mm and it wears very large for the seemingly small case size so unfortunately i have to look past the FC

So in short i have ~£450, and am looking for vintage or vintage inspired modern piece that is between the 34-36mm range, gold/silver base metal colours are not too important,i also seem to prefer baton hour markers. Date window is also not a dealbreaker. I have been looking at Omegas and Longines but the ones i like seem to be way out of my pricerange. Are there any brands that i am overlooking here?!

For reference my current collection is an Omega speedmaster Pro, Stowa MO, Rolex SubC and a Rodina small seconds (bahaus inspired homage)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
    Chris.

Re: Looking for my first vintage watch

A vintage Hamilton with the 770 movement would do you right. Extremely good watches, probably the best movement Hamilton ever made, and even with a servicing - important for vintage watches that don't come with a service record - within your budget in a 10k gold case. These generally wear very, very flat, best with a good leather band. Servicing also not a problem, plenty of spare part/replacement movements out there for your watchmaker.

The key is finding one in excellent condition, with original dial and hands.

Something like this:

JP71624 and redcow like this.
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Thread Information