Looking for a vintage SEIKO

Thread: Looking for a vintage SEIKO

Looking for a vintage SEIKO

Ive been looking for an original black dial vintage watch for a while now with very simple markers and hands. Bauhaus? Original back dials seem to be hard to come by. I have three but Greedy me wants one with a simpler face design. 50s or 60s. It seems Seiko made a lot of black dialed pieces from what I see on Ebay. I had a Seiko in the early 70s, one of those mammoth steel rectangular ones on a heavy steel bracelet, that was a gift. I didnt particularly like it. Since stolen. I might even like it now, on a leather strap.Back to basics here, I dont know much about Seikos. I believe they range a lot in quality from the vast price differentials on the bay. I like the Marvel model, The Lord Seikos ($$) and the Crown Diashock as well as some unnamed 7000 and 7000a model mechanisms. Basically, what do you guys think about lower end price Vintage Seikos? Coming across a black dial thats original is a matter of luck, but my main concern is mechanical quality and your respective opinions. All comments welcome. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Looking for a vintage SEIKO

I think that Seiko is a great brand.

They have a history all their own, they have some fantastic styling (something for everyone) and make their own movements.

They are everywhere, so parts are abundant, mechanics anyway. Some faceted crystals are scarce, but it doesn't sound like you're after one of those.

Might post over at the Seiko forum, get some collectors opinions.

some of the older stuff were good thats what a watchmaker told me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

To any one of the very few of you 2 to be exact, thanks for your replies. i dont get it! Why no info from the Masters! Ill try this again . Recommendations anyone, on older , read 60s , inexpensive Seiko models. May be a boring subject. dont know. thanks again in advance. P&P

if you have the bucks to spend tryin searching for any 60s/70 hi-beat, GS or KS (grand/king) They are fantastic watches in very classic styling. If bucks is an issue you might want to search for 60s Sportsmatics which had some exquisite designs or some of the Seiko 5 models were classy. Bellmatics are a sub-group with added alarm. They tend to be a bit chunkier and late 60s/early 70s designs. They also made some killer automatic chronographs in the early 70s that rival anything the swiss made in accuracy. Seiko'panda' is one style so named for its panda like resemblnce to the rlx daytona. good luck
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

I used to have a black dial (and a white/silver dial) Weekdater. Really nice design. Just found that I don't have the patience for vintage watches yet. These can be found regularly on ebay.

Thread Information