Loose Movement In Seiko 7025-8010?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sparcster

Thread: Loose Movement In Seiko 7025-8010?

Loose Movement In Seiko 7025-8010?

Hi All,

I have a Seiko 7025 that my Mum bought for my Dad in the early 80's. My Mum has since passed away, so it is a very important watch to me.

I had to re straighten the stem and get a new crown, the watch marker could only get a gold one, no big deal! However, I recenly noticed that the crown was hard to pull out and I could see the face moving a little when I wound it. So, I opened the case and the movement is loose.

It looks like there is a screw missing from the area I have highlighted (poor pic, sorry) is this the case? The watch runs fine, no loose screw in the case...

Last edited by Marrick; February 12th, 2014 at 09:27.

Re: Loose Movement In Seiko 7025-8010?

Certainly looks like a case screw is missing.

If there is a slight wobbly on the movement because of this, you may find the rotor gets wear, as it may rub on the inside of the case as it turns.

As the watch is important to you (sentimental), you may want to buy a spare watch off EBay for parts... So you always can get it fixed! There is one for sale now with a BIN price of £50... With silver crown... That you could strip for parts as and when you needed... I'm sure if you wait, cheaper donor watches will come up!
    Last edited by Marrick; February 12th, 2014 at 09:27.
    NoLeftTurn likes this.
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Thanks Marc. Money is super tight at the moment, but it just might be worth a punt. Will give me a whole store of parts...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you are not wearing at the mo, you could always wait for a cheaper one to come up... If you search for Seiko 7025, other versions (cheaper) come up... But you will need to check they have the case screw... As the different case designs may not require them.

Good luck
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

It was in my regular rotation, but I'm gonna stop wearing it now. Thanks for your help as always.

Thread Information