Lord Alton Automatic?

Thread: Lord Alton Automatic?

Lord Alton Automatic?

I've had a watch for years that was given to me by a family friend. It's a Lord Alton Automatic (a dress watch, small by modern standards).

I have no idea what Lord Altons are, and I can't find much online. Anybody know anything about them? Given how I got it, I have no intention of doing much with it other than hanging onto it for the memories, but I'd sure like to know what it actually is. Thanks!

EDIT: Other things on the dial are Incabloc, 17 Jewels, and Automatic. Under Incabloc, it says "VIC_EX" with a character (or two) missing where I put the dash. At least I think something's missing. Thanks again!
    Last edited by FTHurley; December 16th, 2011 at 05:56.

Re: Lord Alton Automatic?

Lord Alton is given by Mikrolisk Mikrolisk - was Feines für die Tasche... - Das Informationsportal rund um die Taschenuhr! as a brand of Markson Bros. of Boston. MA. Hey - that's where you are!

Chances are that they were 1) importers of Swiss movements that they then cased up for the American market. There were lots of companies like that.

or 2) That they were retailers who had their own brand watches. A quick google Maine Biographies: Excerpted from ... - Harrie B. Coe - Google Books seems to suggest retailers - but I'm sure you can find out a lot locally.

If we can see pictures - including of the movement if possible - we may be able to tell you more.
    Last edited by Marrick; December 16th, 2011 at 09:31.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Re: Lord Alton Automatic?

Thanks! That's a big help! I can't see the movement and I'm not really qualified to remove the back. It actually works, so I may take it to a local place and get it checked out. I'll post a picture of the watch when I get home tonight.

Anybody have a recommendation for someone in the Boston are to whom they would take a vintage watch for service?

Thread Information