Lucerne Watch now operational.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tkacik

Thread: Lucerne Watch now operational.

Lucerne Watch now operational.

Just got my grandfather's old automatic Lucerne watch up and running again. He wore this daily. The crown and stem became separated. Easy fix.

I have tried to look up information on this watch, and from what I gather, Lucerne wasn't so much a company, as it was a tourist area and lots of companies/watchmakers labeled their watches this way. Anyone have an idea on age?

Whoever pieced this one together did well. It runs great!

busmatt likes this.
    Philippians 4:6 -Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Lucerne Watch now operational.

That looks in great shape! Lucerne mainly (exclusively?!) made cheaper watches with pin lever movements (you notice no jewel count on this one) so I suspect it will have an automatically winding EB movement inside. Still, it looks very nice and is a family heirloom so I am glad that you got it up and running again. Although not as accurate as a Swiss lever watch, these pin levers are robust and will run for ages.

Lucerne was a brand of Burgana GmbH of Bettlach.

Hartmut Richter

A very nice (and nice looking) example of the kind of watches that became widely available in the 70's. This one is modeled after the dive watches that were popular at the time (although the claim of "Waterresistant" means you really, really don't want to get it wet if you can avoid it. Does it have the "Diver" embossed back?
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AbslomRob View Post
    A very nice (and nice looking) example of the kind of watches that became widely available in the 70's. This one is modeled after the dive watches that were popular at the time (although the claim of "Waterresistant" means you really, really don't want to get it wet if you can avoid it. Does it have the "Diver" embossed back?
    No, no diver embossed back. Just a diver style.

I have a lot of others I am going to post up soon. I saw my uncle this summer and he had several watches in a box. He knew I'd appreciate them and passed them on to me.
    Philippians 4:6 -Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    That looks in great shape! Lucerne mainly (exclusively?!) made cheaper watches with pin lever movements (you notice no jewel count on this one) so I suspect it will have an automatically winding EB movement inside. Still, it looks very nice and is a family heirloom so I am glad that you got it up and running again. Although not as accurate as a Swiss lever watch, these pin levers are robust and will run for ages.

Lucerne was a brand of Burgana GmbH of Bettlach.

Hartmut Richter

Thank you so much for the information. Yes, it may not be super valuable monetarily - but it is great to wear knowing my grandfather checked the time with the same watch!

Thread Information