Market find - Roamer Rotopower, advice needed

Thread: Market find - Roamer Rotopower, advice needed

Market find - Roamer Rotopower, advice needed

Picked up this yesterday in a Shanghai antique market, it's a Roamer Rotopower, Incabloc, 21 jewels

Can't seem to find anything exactly the same on the web.

Can anyone tell me anything about the watch?

Condition isn't bad, needs a good clean but there's quite a lot of pitting which I'm not sure there's anything I can do with, seems to be keeping good time so far

I paid around 70USD for this, was that too much?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Market find - Roamer Rotopower, advice needed

Ah thanks Marrick, is that exactly the same model but with a different dial?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by craigshanghai View Post
    Ah thanks Marrick, is that exactly the same model but with a different dial?

I don't know - but I would think so. Yours may be a little earlier; but I'm guessing. One thing about MST movements is that they are (in my limited experience at least) marked clearly with the movement number. And in an easily read place - not hidden under the balance. But some Roamer models are of the 'through the front' type of construction with a split stem, which is tricky for amateurs like me to access.

BTW, did you know that the same company also made watches branded Medana? Also with MST movements, sometimes with fewer jewels, which were a cheaper range. They are usually a fair bit more affordable than Roamers. Some of mine attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Marrick; March 31st, 2008 at 10:35. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Marrick View Post
    ... But some Roamer models are of the 'through the front' type of construction with a split stem, which is tricky for amateurs like me to access.
    Well the shown Rotopower is of that type. But I think they are easier to open for amateurs than a normal case, unless the glass is "glued" in the case by dust and dirt.
    Try to press out the main body by pressing with your thumbs on the glass.
    The whole unit should come out backwards of the container. The most difficult thing might be to pull out the crown. But try it. If it comes of, chip of the glass with your finger nail and you can take out the movement. When reassembling just take a loupe to make sure you now the position of the split stem and you press on the crown with the other part in the right angle. It's really not too difficult.

Cheers,

Axel

Thread Information