Maybe "OT" New Member, is this a real Tiffany Watch?

Thread: Maybe "OT" New Member, is this a real Tiffany Watch?

Question Maybe "OT" New Member, is this a real Tiffany Watch?

Hi, I have never owned a nice watch and today my aunt who is terminally ill gave me her watch. Neither one of us know the value of this watch as it was a gift her as well. It says it is a sterling silver, waterproof, swiss made Portfolio Tiffany & Co. It has this on the back of the watch, "Portfolio TM by Tiffany & Co All Stainless Steel, Swiss Made, Water Resisitant and A. D. N. 15 years" I'm assuming this is inscription on the watch after for an anniversary or something. My Aunt's health is in such decline that she has lost most of her memory so she does not remember the name of who gave it to her. I have no intentions on selling this watch, I just want to know more about it and how it works, I want to get it going and wear it. I know that it must need a battery as it is not running right now and my she had a smaller band (not tiffany) on the watch but she kept the orginal (has Portfolio TM stamped on the band) and my husband put it back on. I am posting a couple of pictures if someone can give me a little bit of insight. Thanks! Leona

Re: Maybe "OT" New Member, is this a real Tiffany Watch?

Welcome to the forum. You might want to have a look at this earlier thread:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=242174
    Others here more knowledgable on (fairly modern) wristwatches will be able to help you.
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

Banned

A question: what made you think it's made of sterling silver when the back says "ALL STAINLESS STEEL"? You mention "it says it is a sterling silver, waterproof, swiss made Portfolio Tiffany & Co." but I don't see that anywhere on the watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I may be wrong, but the case looks like S/s, it does not have that yellowy silver tone.
    Unless it has been Rhodium plated, of course.

Thread Information