Mido Multifort

Thread: Mido Multifort

Mido Multifort

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  141.7 KB
    Hi,
    I recently got this watch from my grandfather and I would like to get some more information about it.
    It's quite a small watch and I presume it is a boy's watch (16mm strap). And since I think it's a 1940's watch that would fit the story; it being my grandfather's watch as a child.

Thanks a lot in advance
    Last edited by labyrinth; September 14th, 2012 at 03:52.

Re: Mido Multifort

A favorite of mine. Truly designed and built to be durable and a fine choice for any tough environment. When first made compared favorably with early Rolex. Compact size, normal for all the older ones. Unsure of age of mine. Has cork stem seal and thick lead back seaL. 1945+? Early Brit. patent autowind and Incabloc balance shock mount.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by artb; September 14th, 2012 at 08:07.

You have a great under-appreciated watch. Most were center-seconds but you see the sub-seconds like yours from time to time. Yours appears to be in nice condition. The small size is just the fashion from the time it was made. Hope you enjoy the great watch - with a good family connection.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's not a boys watch.

1940s timepiece . . . Watch trends back then were very different. A Men's watch back then was about the size of many Ladies models, today. A watch with a diameter or 36mm was very common on a man's wrist. A strap about 16mm was common too, for a man. There are some watch models today that use similar dimensions. My Timex Expedition that I bought about 4 years ago comes with a 16mm strap. It's not a Ladies or Boys model either.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.