Military HMT?

Thread: Military HMT?

Military HMT?

Hi everyone,

I saw a HMT with a military marking on the dial and was wondering if anyone knows anything about these pieces? I do not know anything about military pieces or the HMT brand (who they supplied the watches to etc...) so would appreciate it if someone could share some information regarding the watch, just purely out of interest. I believe forum member Aditya posted a similar watch recently.

Thanks guys!

Re: Military HMT?

I have heard there are many fakes and redials for these so which would be the real military issues?
    I have read posts which stated that the HMT military issued watches only came in black dials.

Sent from my SHV-E160K using Tapatalk

Some say that no HMT watches were ever issued to any military and only sold to soldiers in canteen for private use.

Me, I have no idea.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here is a picture of the case back of the watch in my thread

You will notice that the broadarrow is punched just like the other details. The fillets (red arrows) prove that. To punch a detail like that would require expensive equipment and tooling. This is not something your average faker would have.

Compare this with the engraving on the watch in your picture. It is crisp, with no fillets. It is very clearly CNC engraving or etching. The trouble is, CNC controlled engraving and laser etching has become very accessible now. Even some respectable brands use laser etching. The bottom line is, HMT themselves have no memory of having supplied watches to the military. It does not take much to refinish a dial with the broadarrow and have one etched on the case back.

Kind regards

Aditya

Thread Information