Missing...something?

Thread: Missing...something?

Missing...something?

Hi folks.

I was fiddling around with my camera, trying to learn how to use the MACRO function. I was taking snapshots of my TACY Admiral watch, which some of you may remember. This one:

While practicing the delicate and time-honoured art of photographing movements, I noticed something inside the watch. Or rather, didn't notice something.

Directly next to the 'L' in Admiral, there appears to be an empty socket or hole.

Does anyone know what goes in there? I hope it's just a screw and that the watchmaker will be able to replace this...
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Re: Missing...something?

Hi Shangas, as well as a nice watch these are beautiful looking pens.

The empty hole needs a bridge screw, this train bridge should have two but only
    has the one, the screw beside it is a case 'holding' screw.

Your watchmaker should have one of these readily at hand, watchmakers have large
    stocks of screws to suit every contingency but make sure the original screw is not trapped
    inside the movement, if it is you could easily replace it yourself.

Re: Missing...something?

I'm yet to send this watch off to my watchmaker and have barely touched it (apart from photographs) in the meantime. I only noticed the missing screw last night. I suspect it was probably gone for years before I noticed it.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Thread Information