More info wanted Gladstone fusee

Thread: More info wanted Gladstone fusee

Picture More info wanted Gladstone fusee

This is a English made Fusee,Maker Gladstone,with silver standard mark,London assay mark lions head with out crown 1822-up no crown,date mark looks like a K for 1845,case maker mark ID,movement liverpool fusee serial no 184.I like the color on the dial and the hand made silver hands I would like to find more info on this watch and see if some of the info I came up with is O.K. any info would be appreciated.
    Last edited by river rat; November 20th, 2008 at 04:53.

Re: More info wanted Gladstone fusee

What a lovely watch river rat

It is a fusee lever, but the word 'PATENT' on the balance cock seems to indicate an unusual lever-escapement (perhaps a massey). This can only be confirmed by removing the balance.

The hands are called 'beetle' hands, I believe.

I agree with london 1845, The overall style of the movement seems to be consistent with this date. The case and movement seem to have started life together (184 stamped on both).As for the case maker, there are two 'ID's listed here
    http://www.925-1000.com/dlLondon5.html#M
    Some more research is required here.

A question about the dial, is there a texture on the dial or is it on the crystal? A textured dial would be highly unusual.

Cheers
    Aditya
    Last edited by aditya; November 20th, 2008 at 05:45.

Re: More info wanted Gladstone fusee

It's my finger prints on the crystal from now on before I take photo's I am going to clean the crystal.And thanks for the help Aditya.

Thread Information