Moved on from previous Ulysse Nardin at forum advice, looking at 2 others
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By HOROLOGIST007
  • 1 Post By HOROLOGIST007
  • 2 Post By HOROLOGIST007

Thread: Moved on from previous Ulysse Nardin at forum advice, looking at 2 others

Moved on from previous Ulysse Nardin at forum advice, looking at 2 others

Hi guys so I decided to forget about the previously mentioned Ulysse Nardin that seems to have a franken movement. Found a couple others of interest that seem to go along with what was suggested would look correct in my previous thread but I figured it would be worthwhile to seek opinion before blindly going for them as it saved me last time, from buying junk lol.

Two different watches both Ulysse Nardin both could potentially be re-dials but I want to start with confirming the correctness of their movements and other parts.

This one, the seller mentions that the crown has been replaced.

This one the seller didn't mention the crown had been replaced

Re: Moved on from previous Ulysse Nardin at forum advice, looking at 2 others

OK
    No dial pictures??

Second watch looks correct to me.

First watch, I was thinking all correct, inside case a lot of watch makers repair marks.
    BUT
    That strap connected to the case, wow! That looks so counterfeit, it made me concerned whole watch.

I look forward to experts comments, but first watch has me concerned.
    Adam
    dexvd likes this.
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Dial of 1st:

Dial of 2nd:

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good for me.
    First watch is a 'cat converted to a dog'
    dexvd likes this.
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    Adam

What does that mean? Cat converted to dog? So its a franken watch? The 2nd one's bezel is ugly as sin, I'm thinking it must have been painted eh?

Quote Originally Posted by dexvd View Post
    What does that mean? Cat converted to dog? So its a franken watch? The 2nd one's bezel is ugly as sin, I'm thinking it must have been painted eh?
    First watch, looks that way to me.

Agreed on 2nd watch
    Why would you want either of these?????

I just can not imagine, why you even consider these pieces?

A
    Last edited by HOROLOGIST007; August 10th, 2014 at 23:47.

and
    Adam

Attempting to find something affordable from Ulysse Nardin, haven't been successful really. Have been looking at stuff under $2000 and it just seems to be a lot of junk or watches under 36mm in diameter. I already own a Rolex GMT, Rolex Thunderbird and an Omega Constellation Deluxe in YG. So I have been looking for something more obscure.

Came across some other Ulysee Nardin watches (probably also franken watches), some interesting but suspicious Girard Perregaux pieces and some cal. 89 IWC watches (which are nice but kind of plain) but other than that there definitely doesn't seem to be many bargains (watches under 3 grand that suit my tastes in brand and appearance)

Quote Originally Posted by dexvd View Post
    Attempting to find something affordable from Ulysse Nardin, haven't been successful really. Have been looking at stuff under $2000 and it just seems to be a lot of junk or watches under 36mm in diameter. I already own a Rolex GMT, Rolex Thunderbird and an Omega Constellation Deluxe in YG. So I have been looking for something more obscure.

Came across some other Ulysee Nardin watches (probably also franken watches), some interesting but suspicious Girard Perregaux pieces and some cal. 89 IWC watches (which are nice but kind of plain) but other than that there definitely doesn't seem to be many bargains (watches under 3 grand that suit my tastes in brand and appearance)
    well with your existing collection, no need to buy 'junk'.
    Be patient, save for another 1000. but get decent!
    adam
    Eeeb and dexvd like this.

and
    Adam

Thread Information