Movement identification MuDu watch
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Border-Reiver
  • 2 Post By Border-Reiver
  • 1 Post By balaton

Thread: Movement identification MuDu watch

Movement identification MuDu watch

I just had to get one of those mysterious MuDu watches and a model Extraflat arrived today.

Smuggled into the county and sold in harbor taverns, someone should have also explained, that you should not try to open a watch with a grappling hook…

Well, opening was easy with the right tool, but I had hoped to find out quickly what movement it has inside. There is absolutely nothing on the movement, under the balance wheel etc., and I sincerely hope that someone will recognize it without having to see the keyless works.

I tried the Ranfft advanced search, but no luck, especially the Hairspring Stud Carrier doesn't match with anything. Size approx. 26mm, f = 18.000 A/h
    Attached Images Attached Images

bubba48 and balaton like this.

Re: Movement identification MuDu watch

Sorry, I gave it another try with my microscope letting me see at a steep angle and found a very much hidden '51' (which I would have also discovered by taking the balance bridge off). This led me to 'Geneva Sport cal. 51' 21 jewels version at the Ranfft database, Geneva Sport Watch Co., Geneva - never heared of them.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...eneva_Sport_51
    bubba48 and balaton like this.

Re: Movement identification MuDu watch

Well done, that man!

I’ve seen many a MuDu in my time, and don’t recall ever having seen one with anything other than the usual suspects of Felsa, AS and Peseux. I’m certainly aware of Geneva Sport movements, but would never have expected to find one inside a MuDu.

I can’t imagine there’ll be too many of those kicking around - a good-looking watch, and a great find.
    Border-Reiver likes this.

Thread Information