My first clean up/overhaul

Thread: My first clean up/overhaul

My first clean up/overhaul

So I did my first clean up/ overhaul yesterday, thought I would post and see how you all though I did,

Here are the before picture's https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=6388945

Here's the after ( sorry I can't post movement pictures right now as my crystak grabber tool broke and this is a single piece case, movement pics will be up tomorrow)

What do you all think?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Re: My first clean up/overhaul

Looks better, surprises me when you just clean the crystal what a difference it makes.

Quote Originally Posted by joeuk View Post
    Looks better, surprises me when you just clean the crystal what a difference it makes.
    Wasn't just the crystal, also buffed out the case. I need to go back through and touch up the case a little

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No I meant just starting with a crystal clean alone is a dramtic change and then the rest is a bonus like the case, I knew you had done some work on the case.

Quote Originally Posted by joeuk View Post
    No I meant just starting with a crystal clean alone is a dramtic change and then the rest is a bonus like the case, I knew you had done some work on the case.
    Oh ok lol. Thanks :) I'm gonna post another overhaul tomorrow on a gruen curvex.

Nice work Mr T

Still not sure of the relationship between Gruen and Damas.... but its come together to form a stylish retro watch!

As for case cleaning, for me, there is a fine line between light clean and polished to death... looks like you have got it about right... its shame to see a watch like this, that's lost its clean lines/corners.

Look forward to seeing the Curvex!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

bcy

Quote Originally Posted by MrTimex View Post
    So I did my first clean up/ overhaul yesterday, thought I would post and see how you all though I did,

Here are the before picture's https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=6388945

Here's the after ( sorry I can't post movement pictures right now as my crystak grabber tool broke and this is a single piece case, movement pics will be up tomorrow)

What do you all think?

Awesome work! I am thinking of starting a little project too. Quick question, do you have to clean the dial? If so how did you do it? Do you use any particular cleaning solution (I read somewhere that baby's oil or windex works but I just want to confirm that with someone who has actually done it)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcy View Post
    Awesome work! I am thinking of starting a little project too. Quick question, do you have to clean the dial? If so how did you do it? Do you use any particular cleaning solution (I read somewhere that baby's oil or windex works but I just want to confirm that with someone who has actually done it)?

Thanks
    I would try just some water with very mild, handwashing dish soap (about a drop for a cup of warm water) and gently rub with your finger. Another thing try of you can find it is a glass brush (the bristles are fine glass threads) and gently use that. The one thing to be very wary of is the printing on the dial. It can come off in the blink of an eye if you're not careful. The best advice is take it VERY SLOW! Ive spent an hour on just one dial.

bcy

Quote Originally Posted by MrTimex View Post
    I would try just some water with very mild, handwashing dish soap (about a drop for a cup of warm water) and gently rub with your finger. Another thing try of you can find it is a glass brush (the bristles are fine glass threads) and gently use that. The one thing to be very wary of is the printing on the dial. It can come off in the blink of an eye if you're not careful. The best advice is take it VERY SLOW! Ive spent an hour on just one dial.

Thanks MrTimex!! That will certainly help !!

Thread Information