my grand father vintage watch ,couldnt find anything about it online ,any help would be appreciated
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By erman
  • 2 Post By mkws

Thread: my grand father vintage watch ,couldnt find anything about it online ,any help would be appreciated

my grand father vintage watch ,couldnt find anything about it online ,any help would be appreciated

hello friends
    lately i've been given this watch which i think it's pretty cool ,but i couldn't find anything about it online even with serial numbers ,any information would be greatly appreciated
    the brand name is Erman it has 25 jewels ,and the serial number is 445320
    thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

busmatt likes this.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: my grand father vintage watch ,couldnt find anything about it online ,any help would be apprecia

Welcome to Watchuseek! The watch is probably from around the early 1970s but dating might range from anytime in the late 1960s to the late 1970s. The movement is by ETA and is probably from the ETA 2789 family (the precise specifications are under the balance gear):

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: ETA 2789

I'm afraid I can't find anything on "Erman" but they were probably a pretty unimportant company, acquiring generic parts made to their specifications and assembling them to make watches. What quite a lot of companies in the Swiss watch industry actually did and still do!

Hartmut Richter

Re: my grand father vintage watch ,couldnt find anything about it online ,any help would be apprecia

thank you hartmut for the quick reply ,the 25 jewels got my hopes up that it might be worth somthing ,:D

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by erman View Post
    the 25 jewels got my hopes up that it might be worth somthing ,:D
    Sentimental value > monetary value.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

The jewels are the industrial rubies in the movement that are put in to minimise friction. They have been shaped already so they can't really be used for anything else (e.g. as jewelry) and since they are industrial, they are worth rather less than natural rubies anyway. The entire movement can be bought new for only 100-150 Euros these days (well, at least its modern equivalent, the ETA 2824) so you may guess that the value of the rubies is minimal.

Hartmut Richter

Thread Information