My grandfathers watch.

Thread: My grandfathers watch.

My grandfathers watch.

My grandpa passed away last fall and I inherited his old Certina town and country from 65. My dad bought one for his father in steel and one for himself, goldplated with a black dial, so I´ve seen both alot growing up.

The case and glass needs a polish but otherwise its ok. The dial is dirty on the edges but I guess I shouldnt try to restore it. Worn it for five weeks now.

Regards
    Erik
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gagarin

Re: My grandfathers watch.

Thanks for posting. I certainly agree that dial restoration is not needed. The usual advice here is to get your watch serviced if you don't know when it was last CLA'd.
    A nice family heirloom, you'll want to hand it on later.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Re: My grandfathers watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    Thanks for posting. I certainly agree that dial restoration is not needed. The usual advice here is to get your watch serviced if you don't know when it was last CLA'd.
    A nice family heirloom, you'll want to hand it on later.
    My dad says he serviced it in 2004 but it hasnt been used so much since then because of my Grandfather moved to little in later years to get the movement working properly, he left this life at age 96, so he used a quartz watch. His mind was in good working condition all the way though

Regards
    Erik
    Gagarin

Thread Information