My Longines 30CH Chronograph is Back From a Servie From Al Archer! What a Beauty! Top Noch Service!!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By ddashoff699

Thread: My Longines 30CH Chronograph is Back From a Servie From Al Archer! What a Beauty! Top Noch Service!!

My Longines 30CH Chronograph is Back From a Servie From Al Archer! What a Beauty! Top Noch Service!!

I was compelled to make a post for two reasons:

1. To advertise an excellent watchmaker, who is well known for his excellent services

and

2. To show off what he has brought home to me.

This is my Longines 30CH Chronograph that I stole from Ebay some months ago for a very lean price and sent to him for a service, which included dissassembly, cleaning, lubrication, etc.

Along with the watch, he sent me a CD with a video of my watch's movement in action (wondrous, but too large to put on this site), and a detailed PDF describing the process. Here are some pictures from that PDF in screenshot form.

All but the last four pictures are from after he cleaned the movement. The last four are pictures during are before reassembly. A screw was broken on the watch, which he dissolved and replaced. He also replaced the mainspring, which you can see. Lastly, he unbend the minute counter that was damaged before I sent it to him, seen in one of the last photos.

His price for the service was very, very reasonable. You wouldn't think so, with his wonderful documentation and knowledge! Excellent guy to work with.

And to top it all off, he sent me home-made holiday peanut brittle in the package! Peanut brittle! It was tasty. (Either he or his wife made it, I think?)

Last edited by ddashoff699; January 5th, 2013 at 09:06.
    vbomega, matnrach, joeuk and 2 others like this.

Re: My Longines 30CH Chronograph is Back From a Servie From Al Archer! What a Beauty! Top Noch Servi

Al is the best, no question about it!

This watch (and especially its movement) is such an eye candy! Stunning! Wear in good health.

Re: My Longines 30CH Chronograph is Back From a Servie From Al Archer! What a Beauty! Top Noch Servi

Fantastic!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for sharing always great to see Als work, and what a great looking watch

Quote Originally Posted by eldarinn View Post
    Fantastic!
    +1

Beautiful...Great service and an excellent timepiece. Enjoy.

it proves once again that al's service is excellent
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Thread Information