My New Seeland

Thread: My New Seeland

My New Seeland

Unfortunately all I have to take photos right now is my iPhone (your guys' high resolution pictures make me very jealous), but check out this vintage Seeland I picked up for practically nothing.

It's a little small (about 34mm altogether) and I'm pretty sure the crown is a replacement (notice how clean and shiny it is compared to the rest of the case), but the dial is very clean and I generally like the look of it. I might give it to my father as his wrists are smaller than mine, but I've been after a Seeland for a while so who knows. It does gain about 15 seconds every minute (wow!) but I'm hoping a thorough cleaning/service should fix that up.

I wonder if the case is salvageable. Think I should try?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Re: My New Seeland

Oh, you bought a watch. For a minute there I thought you bought New Seeland.... that big island near Awe Strale-eeya.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    Oh, you bought a watch. For a minute there I thought you bought New Seeland.... that big island near Awe Strale-eeya.
    I don't think I could fit all those sheep in my house!

I've just run a small blade across some of the metal creases - I cannot believe how filthy this thing is!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You're really on your game today Dennis!

I'm having trouble finding a Seeland replacement case/crystal. Anyone know of a company that specialized in providing nice cases for these kind of replacements?

Banned

You could try www.crystalfit.com, and a watchmaker may be able to refinish the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    You could try www.crystalfit.com, and a watchmaker may be able to refinish the case.
    Hey, thanks for the link - they quoted me a pretty fair price for a service and new crystal, though they were less hopeful than I about the case. I'll just give it a good cleaning here and wear it as is; a little reminded that this watch has a history.

Thread Information