My new vintage - Tressa! Opinions?

Thread: My new vintage - Tressa! Opinions?

My new vintage - Tressa! Opinions?

I just got my new vintage at the bay. A OBO, something that I tryed for the first time.
    It's a Tressa, gold plated, with a 34mm case and calendar.
    I love the gold with the brown strap.
    What are your opionions on the brand and on this particular piece.

P.S.: Sellers' pictures. The watch it's on its way from Argentina.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: My new vintage - Tressa! Opinions?

Looks good. Movement is a Unitas _64_ (I don't know if there are any digits in front or behind the "64")
    My new sig -----

Over the years I've collected all sorts of movements and "project" watches ... mainly inexpensive vintage pieces.

These days I've widened my gaze to include modern pieces (including quartz with analog or analog + digital displays) but with those I'm generally looking for models in solid steel cases.

Very respectable, good-looking but run-of-the-mill Swiss watch. (no offense as I have a gold dial version of this myself that I picked up one day on a lark) Personally-I would wear the heck out of a watch like this and not worry about wear and tear.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very nice.

There is little to be found about Tressa on the internet. This is quoted in several places - so I don't know if its definitive - but the dates seems to match the examples around:

"The Tressa Watch Co. was located on Rue de la Gare 14 2502 Biel/Bienne (Kanton Bern, Switzerland) and existed from 25.04.1966 up to 04.03.1987. The company went bankrupt under a judgement of 09.12.1986 and was wound-up on 04.03.1987 for being in default to its creditors. On the 02.05.2002, the liquidation became final and was deleted from the Commercial Registry of Switzerland. The assets of the company were bought by Rado Watch Co. Ltd. Purpose of business had been production and wholesaling of watches, movements and accessories, they had a basic capital of 500.000 CHF, so they hadn´t been a giant in swiss watch production."

Anyway, there are quite a lot of Tressas out there. They used decent movements from the likes of AS, Felsa and Eta and were well made. I had an automatic Tressa as my only watch for quite a few years when I was at school - bought it mail order out of a newspaper.
    Last edited by Marrick; January 14th, 2011 at 10:32.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

You don't see a lot of these around (at least in the US)......Seems to be very good condition and has great look. Congrats!
    Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

Quote Originally Posted by DaBaeker View Post
    Very respectable, good-looking but run-of-the-mill Swiss watch. (no offense as I have a gold dial version of this myself that I picked up one day on a lark) Personally-I would wear the heck out of a watch like this and not worry about wear and tear.
    That's exactly what I'll do, except for the part of worrying about wear and tear. I always do... :)

I have seen a few searching threw watches on the internet these past few months and you made my a fan.

I like it. I'm a sucker for that rosey plating on those movts. Nothing wrong with a Unitas, my guess is a 6410. We don't see the Tressa brand here in Canada much, but the movt is used in other watches. The condition is good, congrats.

Thread Information