My Old Accutron Needs Help!

Thread: My Old Accutron Needs Help!

My Old Accutron Needs Help!

This is my first post…until now I’ve just been lurking. Please excuse me and point me in the right direction if this is the wrong forum. I really enjoy watches…although I don’t have too many. But lurking here has gotten me all excited…so much so that I’ve pulled my old Accutron (tuning fork model) out of the sock drawer. It dates to the late 1960’s…a high school graduation gift. (Man, I'm getting old!)
    Anyway, it doesn’t run…and hasn’t in years. The last time I searched for someone locally to repair this watch, I was told by most folks, "It probably needs parts, and I have no parts."
    Now I notice lots of folks on the web offering Accutron repair services. However, without a recommendation, I'm hesitant to send my watch off to an unknown party. I’m also concerned that the cost of repair may well exceed the value of this watch. I’m wondering if anyone here can direct me. Perhaps someone would be willing to share your Accutron repair experience and maybe a name of someone I could contact?

Thanks for any help!
    Van

Re: My Old Accutron Needs Help!

Sent PM (that's Private Mail... it's WatchUSeek's internal email system). Good luck.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Even if the market value of the watch after repair is less than the cost of repair it doesn't mean its not worth it - to you. You have kept this broken watch for years. You didn't throw it in the trash can. You remember when you were given it - and by whom. I bet you would not regret having it fixed if you can afford it. And when you have - post us some pictures! Good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Merrick,

You're absolutely right. That's why I'll follow through with the repair...and post some picks when it's done. Thanks for reminding me of what I'd forgotten.

Van

Eeb- Can you shoot me that email, assuming it's a reputable repair shop. Thanks.

Eeeb, send me a PM too. I've got two 214's that need repair. Thanks, Dave.

-Dave

Thread Information