My Pocket Watches just out of storage.

Thread: My Pocket Watches just out of storage.

My Pocket Watches just out of storage.

Hi all,

I mainly post over on the DOXA forum as I am afraid I have turned into somewhat of a Vintage Doxa Sub nut.

Before I started with wristwatches and then vintage DOXA sub's I collected Pocket Watches. I have had these stored for two years so I thought I would share them with you and a couple of close ups of my favourites.

I know they are not worth much but I still love them and enjoy giving them a polish and a wind. There is nothing quite like the sound of 10 pocket watches ticking away it also drives my wife nuts

GROUPSHOT

I have a few more secreted away but they are mainly non-runners and in need of work.

ROLEX (my most expensive one)

I had to have this one as I absolutely love the dial on it plus its the only chance I will have of owning a ROLEX.

No 1 MOVEMENT (my prize one)

This was my horologists pride and joy and it took me ages to pry it away from him, I love the fact that its someones first ever watch they made.

WALTHAM (my first pocket watch)

I picked this up at a local auction for £20 a few years back and its probably responsible for this WIS bug.

PRIDHAM (my favourite movement)

I love the engraving on this movement, it was disgusting when I got it but my horologist worked wonders but sadly the chain snapped about two months after its service and we have yet to find a replacement so its a non runner.

Cheers

Simon
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

Re: My Pocket Watches just out of storage.

Some beautiful pieces and thanks for sharing them. The Waltham dates to approx. 1900, the Rolex is a 20th century watch I'd say. The two English levers look like 1850-1870 to me.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Nice watch collection I would try to find another watch maker I had the same problem with one.One watch repair guy wanted nothing to do with it and then I found one that worked magic.

Here is my problem child it works great today

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They look great, the Rolex especially.

The one on the right, open face with the gold case and hands, the one with the crown - what is that? What brand, I mean? Looks nice.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Thread Information