Instead of making individual threads for my project watches, there will be just one and I will update as I go along.
Ok, so first up is a Hydepark from Orfina watch company. I bought it on ebay for $4 with shipping, seller had one fuzzy pic. It had a broken crystal so I replaced it and when I opened the case back a tiny screw fell out. Somehow it unscrewed from the balance wheel, I tried to put it back on but the screw shot out of my tweezers and I could not find it. So I wound it up wore it for 24hrs and it lost 6 min a day. Then I remembered that I had a spare watch with the same movement that I bought that didn't run. I was about to take the hands off the spare and the seconds hand started to take off. I was shock because I had tried to get it to run before, I guess I scared the watch into running . So I postponed cannibalizing the Arlea movement to see how well it would run. After 24 hours it was keeping time to within 30 seconds and I was doubting whether I should use it for parts so I decided to wait and see if a cleaning and oiling would make the hydepark run better.
Well I was also searching for parts for my Bascula that needed a new mainspring. I measured the old mainspring and an Eta 1080 was almost an exact fit. searched ebay for a cheap spare and pics for the movement looked just like the Hydepark and Lente. I look under the balance and sure enough they were eta 1080 movements, must have been coincidence . So the fate of the Lente was decided, it was going to be cannibalized for the mainspring and balance. it was such a nice movement too, well finished and what looks to be a gold or gold plated balance, the quality was a bit better than the hydepark.
here is the link to the picture, its big because I am trying software that makes a collage from all the pics.