My Roamer MST 372 Movement

Thread: My Roamer MST 372 Movement

My Roamer MST 372 Movement

Hi,

I finally plucked up the courage to take the movement out of my vintage Roamer, thanks very much Trim for telling me how to do it (I followed your instructions and it worked like a dream) ! I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely the movement is (even though it could probably do with a cleanup at some point), and relieved to see it was a genuine Roamer MST ! The movement number inscribed in the MST shield is 372, again you were spot on Trim as you said it was either a 372 or a 414. While I was at it I gave it a touch of + regulation as it's been a tiny bit slow, so that should help. It's so satisfying and wonderful to have a manufacture movement in one of my watches; I never imagined I could own one and this is my first and only in-house! Only set me back £22.50 including postage off Ebay, I shall treasure this watch (and especially this movement) and enjoy it hopefully for a very long time.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by billybobman; November 20th, 2010 at 14:54.

Re: My Roamer MST 372 Movement

Congrats! I am glad you are so pleased with the watch. In my opinion they are a very nice movement.

The movement places it in the earlier age bracket - 50s rather than 60s.

Re: My Roamer MST 372 Movement

Quote Originally Posted by trim View Post
    Congrats! I am glad you are so pleased with the watch. In my opinion they are a very nice movement.

The movement places it in the earlier age bracket - 50s rather than 60s.
    Cheers man , thanks again for the help and info. All I want now is an original crown, which I'll hopefully get at some point from Cousins UK (thanks to marrick for that info). Here's to Roamer and all Roamer collectors and fans out there !
    Last edited by billybobman; November 21st, 2010 at 02:29.

Thread Information