my vintage Citizen - Page 2
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: my vintage Citizen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: my vintage Citizen

I'll be honest, it has never mattered to me what people have thought about my watches. I tend to lean towards the unique and somewhat vintage. I would like to think that no 2 watches in my collection look the same. I don't care if anyone thinks my watches are "...ugly or cool...". But thank you for your opinion. In my old age, I have found that if what I do or have isn't someone else's cup of tea I don't worry about it. As my saying says below, "...life is too important to take it seriously...".
    ox71 and Old_Tractor like this.
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously."
    Chris

Fantastic watch!! Where on earth did you get that strap? It is about the coolest watch strap I have ever seen! Did you have it made? I have a vintage Rado that it would look great on. Please let know about the strap!! Your Tressa reminds of an Eterna Kontiki Date I have. I have also included a pic of my Rado. It's another watch of mine that may not appeal to most people....But as you can see, your nato strap would be a perfect fit for it because of the anchor. From one Hoosier to another, thanks for sharing!!
    Name:  full frontal eterna.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  3.54 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by indiana_holmes; 4 Weeks Ago at 22:50.
    Old_Tractor likes this.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
    These colors are quite popular in Mumbai.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Vintag...orig_cvip=true
    If so, the people in Mumbai have good taste in color schemes and my hat's off to them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by indiana_holmes View Post
    Fantastic watch!! Where on earth did you get that strap? It is about the coolest watch strap I have ever seen! Did you have it made? I have a vintage Rado that it would look great on. Please let know about the strap!! Your Tressa reminds of an Eterna Kontiki Date I have. I have also included a pic of my Rado. It's another watch of mine that may not appeal to most people....But as you can see, your nato strap would be a perfect fit for it because of the anchor. From one Hoosier to another, thanks for sharing!!
    Name:  full frontal eterna.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  3.54 MB
    Here's the link for the NATO: https://www.amazon.com/HNS-Watch-Str.../dp/B0795B2BHY

The Eterna and Rado are fantastic! There are a couple dozen color/pattern choices for these HNS straps. I can already see at least three or four that would be perfect for each of your watches! You can see my review at the bottom of the Amazon product page. the only bad thing is they don't come in 17mm and so many vintage watches are 17mm. Hope one will fit for you, fellow Hoosier!
    indiana_holmes likes this.

Thanks for the link! Believe or not, the Rado is 20mm. It's an all original watch from the lates 60's or early 70's. The crown, bracelet, crystal (very different) and movement. I'd love to keep it on its original bracelet, but it's about 1/2 inch short for warm weather when my wrist expands. I've had my Eterna for about 3 years. It's a reissue. The case is fairly large and wouldn't be right for everyone's wrist. Thanks again for the link. I can see my Rado wearing that anchor strap in the not to distant future!
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Old_Tractor likes this.
    Chris

Interesting watch. I'm amazed at the deals you can find on older automatic Citizens. Around that period, these and the similarly priced Seikos seemed to be similar in quality, yet the Seikos will go for 10-20 dollars more. You can pick up older automatic Citizens in good shape for 25 dollars all day long.

If you have a laptop with a built in mic, you can download tg-timer and give regulating it a go. Depending on how comfortable with computers and watches you are, that is. If nothing is wrong on the inside then it may be pretty straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by indiana_holmes View Post
    Thanks for the link! Believe or not, the Rado is 20mm. It's an all original watch from the lates 60's or early 70's. The crown, bracelet, crystal (very different) and movement. I'd love to keep it on its original bracelet, but it's about 1/2 inch short for warm weather when my wrist expands. I've had my Eterna for about 3 years. It's a reissue. The case is fairly large and wouldn't be right for everyone's wrist. Thanks again for the link. I can see my Rado wearing that anchor strap in the not to distant future!
    Chris
    A 20mm lug width of that Rado gives it so many possibilities! NATOs, leather straps, metal mesh...I find matching straps is almost as much fun as the watches themselves. This is such a fascinating hobby! :)
    indiana_holmes likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information