My Vintage watches, Rado, Certina etc

Thread: My Vintage watches, Rado, Certina etc

Banned

My Vintage watches, Rado, Certina etc

Hello

Im quite new to this forum and im going to show some of my old watches that have circulated in my family for some years.

To me, a rare Certina with Quartz movement. The watch was bought in the 90s, not so vintage, but in good condition.

Hope some one could give me some more information about this watch, it is a Certina with serial number 194 1050 97. It was bouhht in Sweden in a local shop.

This is the Rado Diastar Original in god condition. I dont know when it was bought, probably in the 70 or 80s.

This is a highly abused Rado Diastar, it was originaly bought in 1978. I dont know how it became so messed up. Not me who did it though.

Box and certificate

The movement

An old Omega Automatic watch, in okay condition.

A Seiko in not so good condition, dont know when it was bought.

An old Certina, well used, very messed up movement. Dont know when it was bought, probably in the 70s.

This is all i have, not to many exotics.
    Last edited by WatchUlooking; May 31st, 2010 at 00:12.

Re: My Vintage watches, Rado, Certina etc

I can't help you with the watch but I can give you some information on Certina. Certina is a brand of the Swatch group and one of the founding members of ASAUG it operated until 1980 as an independent subsidiary. It was then brought under a subsidiary of The General Watch Co in combination with Technos and Edox those brands were sold in 1982 and 1983. It became a part of the Swatch Group with the combination of SSIH and ASAUG in 1983. Certina had a strong market position in the Scandinavian countries and to a lesser extent Germany and Italy which why I believe it was retained as a brand.
    Last edited by nsmike; May 31st, 2010 at 01:27. Reason: readability

Banned

Okay I see, thanks for the information. Yes, the Certina is very popular in Scandinavia.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This site may help you with the Certinas http://www.vintagecertinas.ch/en/indexeng.html

Banned

Okey thanks. The reason i wondered about the Certina, that is because i was told that the watch was only in production for a very short time, and only a limited number of people own it. It was so to say, not the "best" Certina that was made.

Nice looking collection, especially that Omega~Cheers!

Thread Information