NAWCC Eberhard Article
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: NAWCC Eberhard Article

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NAWCC Eberhard Article

I finally went back and read an article on Eberhard from one of last Fall's NAWCC Bulletins - 'Eberhard 'Our Product is our Trstimony'' (for which I had to Join NAWCC for $25 to read) that HOROLOGIST007, Adam had suggested in another recent thread on an Eberhard watch.

It was a really interesting article for anyone interested in Eberhard - but the author also made a point that some Eberhards were undervalued and used an example of a 1950s gold filled dress watch that sold on EB for $122!

The article included two pics of the watch - and I was a quite surprised to find that it was an Eberhard watch I had purchased !!

This is the watch from the article - complete with the same strap it came with which is also in the article !!

So a big thanks to Adam for suggesting the article in a slightly old thread I went back and read !! Scott

PS - I was going to include an iPhone shot of the article pics of this watch but having joined the NAWCC 15 minutes earlier to read the Eberhard article I figured I would wait at least 24 hours before potentially violating any reproduction restrictions !! Cheers ...

PSS - the watch has just been sitting in a drawer as it's a little on the smaller side - and I haven't even worn it yet - I guess now I will !!! Cheers squared !

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sdasurrey; February 14th, 2015 at 09:39.
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

__________________________________________________ __________
    My 'Show-Piece' - Zenith El Primero 'Red' Captain Ltd Edition #255/500
    My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    My 'Fav' 1917 Silver Moser Trench
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

Re: NAWCC Eberhard Article

Hi Scott, Nice watch and guessing from the style a decoish time period.... As with most brands they have styles /models that are sought after/highly valued at certain times in history and then not mostly because humans are like sheep......As you know chronographs are smoking hot at the moment and are probably overvalued??....Rolex couldn't give them away in the 60' and 70's but are the hottest watch on the planet right now...Bubblebacks were hot 20 years ago but not so much now...
    Sdasurrey likes this.
    So many watches.....so little time.....

Jackruff - agree vintage chronos are quite highly priced and in demand - I have to say I have contributed some as along with trench and Art Deco, 30s/50s chronos are one of my three vintage collection genres.

I think I'm up to 12 now. In fact I think I have been lucky on the three Eberhard monopusher chronos on relative price but that's after looking forever. But Rolex are 'out of sight' for sure ! Cheers, Scott

jackruff likes this.
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oh-Ho...That case is cooooolllll. Nicely done Scott.
    Sdasurrey likes this.

NAWCC Eberhard Article

Quote Originally Posted by Paleotime View Post
    Oh-Ho...That case is cooooolllll. Nicely done Scott.
    It doesn't surprise me this watch resonates with you given what you collect ! SDA

Last edited by Sdasurrey; February 14th, 2015 at 19:35.

Scott
    Glad you joined, glad you got the article.
    The new editor of NAWCC Bulletin is a lovely person and trying very hard to bring wristwatches to the bulletin.

Thanks your post
    adam
    marks55 and Sdasurrey like this.
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

It doesn't surprise me this watch resonates with you given what you collect ! SDA
    Glad to know that I am predictable..errr...consistent

I read this article and since then Eberhard has been on my radar list.

P.S. thanks for showing this lovely piece!
    Sdasurrey and busmatt like this.
    " I like Chiken farming and old clock " --- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Paleotime View Post
    Glad to know that I am predictable..errr...consistent
    It's a compliment - no worries ! S

busmatt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marks55 View Post
    I read this article and since then Eberhard has been on my radar list.

P.S. thanks for showing this lovely piece!
    Great - if you like chronos you can see a few Eberhard 30s/40s chronos in a few other threads, cheers, S

busmatt and marks55 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information