NAWCC show in springfield MA?

Thread: NAWCC show in springfield MA?

NAWCC show in springfield MA?

I've never been to one of these. What is it like? Is it worth driving the 2 hours to Springfield?

Vintage & NAWCC Forum moderator Ben_hutcherson's Avatar

Re: NAWCC show in springfield MA?

If I were 2 hours away, I'd be there.

I don't know the exact stats on this show(I should since I'm on the convention committee :) , although to be fair I wasn't on it while the site was being discussed/vetted) but a National is generally 500-700 tables. The exact mix varies by show, but a 50/50 mix of clocks and watches is typical for this size show. I would estimate of the watch tables, about 25% will be exclusively wristwatches and probably 50% will be exclusively American pocket watches, although you'll also have tables with a good mix of wrist and pocket, or a mix of American and foreign.

You will see rarities in the flesh that you will not likely see outside of museums, and they will mostly be for sale.

If at all possible, plan to be at the mart as soon as the doors open for non-table-holders. If you wait until Saturday to go, you'll find a decent number of empty tables.

If it weren't at an inconvenient time and location for me, I'd be there! I've been to a lot of NAWCC shows, but nothing really compares to a National convention.
    Member National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors
    Member, NAWCC Chapter 149. Vice President and Secretary NAWCC Chapter 140. Member, NAWCC Convention Committee.
    Serious collector of American pocket watches-Waltham(and the predecessor companies) is my specialty.

Thanks for your reply. I have work so I really can't go until Saturday unfortunately. The website says that Thursday and Friday is WWT and the mart opens Saturday, does that make a difference? Also, can you register at the door? It seems the preregistration is closed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Absolutely and bring lots of money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I was wrong on the dates of it-there should still be plenty going on for Saturday.

Yes, you can register at the door. Are you an NAWCC member? If not, you will need to become one to go into the mart-the registration desk can take care of this for you. Depending on what you want to do/how much it interests you, there's either a 3 month trial membership that's about $35, or you can do a full year for $90($80 with electronic delivery of publications).
    Member, NAWCC Chapter 149. Vice President and Secretary NAWCC Chapter 140. Member, NAWCC Convention Committee.
    Serious collector of American pocket watches-Waltham(and the predecessor companies) is my specialty.

I can’t figure out the deal on Friday. I think you need an early bird registration. Is that something you can do at the door? If so I might try to get up there in the afternoon. Thanks!

From looking at the schedule-

You would need early-bird to get in at all on Friday afternoon.

There again, I wasn't privy to any of the scheduling or other planning discussions on this, so I'm not sure if earlybird would also get you in at 8:30 on Saturday(as opposed to 9:00) or if it only works on Friday afternoon. They should be able to add it on at the door-depending on exactly how the show is handling registrations, you'll either get a special character printed on the top left of your tag(the registration program randomly selects both the character and font for each registration "class") or you will get the lower tech/more expedient solution of a colored dot marked/stuck on.

Regardless, if you're going on Friday at all and don't have a table, you will need early bird.

Thread Information