Need help with an antique Zenith Pocket watch

Thread: Need help with an antique Zenith Pocket watch

Need help with an antique Zenith Pocket watch

Hi

I am wondering if any of the knowledgeable folks out there can help me out with some information about a pocket watch which my grandfather left me.

It is a Zenith movement in a dennison Star case. It has serial numbers on bothe the movement and the case, but from what I have read the serial on the case is not a good indicator of its age.

The Zenith serial is 2388269.

My Grandfather was given it when he was young but I am not sure who it was from. He was never even sure what its origins were before it was passed to him and I thought it would be great to find out what sort of people would have used such a time piece and when it may have been made. He had some recollection that it may have been used by a railway employee at one stage, so I thought it may be standard issue piece or something.

It is a really great piece which still works perfectly, any information people could tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Warpath

Name:  photo3.JPG
Views: 387
Size:  85.2 KBName:  photo2.JPG
Views: 722
Size:  78.1 KBName:  photo.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  91.2 KB

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Need help with an antique Zenith Pocket watch

That's a nice watch! It was made around 1919-1920. The exact movement depends on size but I would guess at a 19''' movement (Cal. 19''' N.V.S.I) which would make the visible part of the movement around 41mm. Is there the remnant of a "Zenith" on the dial above the small seconds hand subdial?

Hartmut Richter

Re: Need help with an antique Zenith Pocket watch

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    That's a nice watch! It was made around 1919-1920. The exact movement depends on size but I would guess at a 19''' movement (Cal. 19''' N.V.S.I) which would make the visible part of the movement around 41mm. Is there the remnant of a "Zenith" on the dial above the small seconds hand subdial?

Hartmut Richter
    Thanks for the reply!

There is a mark above the seconds hands, but it doesn't look like it was writing of any description. Yes it is a 41mm movement.

Thread Information