Need help on Basis Sport Chrono from Ebay

Thread: Need help on Basis Sport Chrono from Ebay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help on Basis Sport Chrono from Ebay

Hi, just receive the watch from the seller. I expect it is kind of a chronostop watch but found out is a watch with start/stop button. The watch only work when i press the top left button and it will stop when i press the bottom left button. Otherwise the watch will not run. Correct me if i am wrong, chronograph is a watch with time and stop watch feature. The watch should work independently with the chronograph feature. Or did i miss something? Suggestion?

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Need help on Basis Sport Chrono from Ebay

I don't exactly know which movement or even movement maker is inside but I am certain it has a relatively cheap pin pallet movement. Normally, the watch would have totalizers at 8:00 and 10:00 but this is obviously a reduced version. If it doesn't work, it needs servicing or even repairing. Otherwise, the chronostop should work, you are correct, via the pushers.

Hartmut Richter

This is the most basic sort of 'chrono' you can get. It is a pin lever certainly, and the buttons really only serve to stop and start the movement (hack). There is no reset or any such action. I am not 100% certain I understand your description, but it might be working as intended.

This one does not separate out the chrono and watch functions, they are not independent. It was all about the looks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi There,

I have had a few Basis watches... non have ever been the highest quality... but normally funky dials.

That said, i have not seen one like this.

Are you sure the watch stops? or do you just mean the second hand stops??

I only ask, as I have also owned a few Globa sport watches, which look similar and have very basic Chronos... The buttons only stop/start the second hand... The watch (minute and hour hands) keep ticking though.

It may have a similar 1 Jewel beauty to this... note the comments on the stop/start of the second hand!

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Rego 145

I would guess this is working as it should...
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Quote Originally Posted by Sparcster View Post
    Hi There,

I have had a few Basis watches... non have ever been the highest quality... but normally funky dials.

That said, i have not seen one like this.

Are you sure the watch stops? or do you just mean the second hand stops??

I only ask, as I have also owned a few Globa sport watches, which look similar and have very basic Chronos... The buttons only stop/start the second hand... The watch (minute and hour hands) keep ticking though.

It may have a similar 1 Jewel beauty to this... note the comments on the stop/start of the second hand!

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Rego 145

I would guess this is working as it should...

The watch stop without pressing the top button, i mean all hands (second/minute/hour), the watch only work (time keeping) after i press that button.

Quote Originally Posted by trim View Post
    This is the most basic sort of 'chrono' you can get. It is a pin lever certainly, and the buttons really only serve to stop and start the movement (hack). There is no reset or any such action. I am not 100% certain I understand your description, but it might be working as intended.

This one does not separate out the chrono and watch functions, they are not independent. It was all about the looks.

Yes, i think you are right. I open the back of the case and it looks really basic and don't have the kind of movement like my other chrono. I never know chrono can be start/stop a clock with a fancy dial. Not collectible but good enough to give it to my son as a daily watch.

Hello again..

It would help knowing what the movement is...

Here is a link to another forum that looks at this type of watch - push buttons opposite the crown - and how this can be found in 'Basis' watches.

Help With Vintage Military Oris Chrono - ORIS Watch Forum - Friends of ORIS

From looking on there, it could have a Brac? movement or be part of the R Lapanouse, Rego and Cimier chronographs produced in the 1960's

Until you know the movement, its hard to know if the watch is working correctly... The buttons could be acting as a 'Hack' feature, which allows you to time things or set the watch easily... if its running and keeping time (when the top or bottom button is pressed) It might be right!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Another thread talking about this type of watch... they have taken the pic away... but note what he says...

My 1940's? Sinsa; - base metal case, paper dial, 1 jewel, and the loudest tick in the world.

Oh yes, and a chronograph action that stops and starts the whole watch!

Chris`s `sinsa` - The Watch Forum

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Here ya go. This is pretty much it, from one of our previous discussions.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/just-found-477557.html

If the watch was described as a chronograph then you have a legitimate basis for
    asking for refund from seller. A chronograph should record the time of day as well
    an interval of time, if a watch such as this records an interval of time then it can
    no longer record the time of day as the watch has been stopped by arresting the
    balance.
    These cheap watches could fairly be described as chronostop I suppose but should
    be described as a watch or timer..if it is being used as a watch then it can't be used
    as a timer and vice versa.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information