Need Help Finding a Crown and Crown Tube for an Omega 470 Cal movement (1955)

Thread: Need Help Finding a Crown and Crown Tube for an Omega 470 Cal movement (1955)

Need Help Finding a Crown and Crown Tube for an Omega 470 Cal movement (1955)

Hello,

I recently purchased this vintage 1955 square face Omega with a 470 Cal movement from a yard-sale. The crown and crown tube are missing but otherwise the watch appears to be functioning. I've looked for part number of a replacement crown but haven't found one yet.

Any experts willing to help?

Thank you!
    Name:  20170826_223933.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  1.31 MBName:  20170827_173647.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  1.17 MBName:  20170827_173555.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  1.19 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Need Help Finding a Crown and Crown Tube for an Omega 470 Cal movement (1955)

Welcome to Watchuseek. Crowns are easily bought, although original crowns are rather more difficult to get. Still, you do occasionally see them on fleabay. Rather more difficult would be the crown tube. I am not sure whether a decent goldsmith would be able to make up a new one from scratch (he probably would but would probably need exact specifications and without one as a template, it might get difficult.....). Good luck in your quest.

Hartmut Richter

Re: Need Help Finding a Crown and Crown Tube for an Omega 470 Cal movement (1955)

That is a two piece case that the movement sits in a depression in the case back (like old Bulova, Hamilton and all the other old square case watches) there is no crown tube, the crown has an extended center that the stem screws in to. This acts like the crown tube.

It is like the one in this picture on the net

It looks like you just need the crown and the stem as it looks like the one you have is broken
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Save for the parts already mentioned, I think you can also start looking for a new dial, because this one has been badly repainted at some point.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by drojan View Post
    . . . .

Any experts willing to help? . . . ]
    Case number?
    Courtesy of ULF.

I would try Otto Frei for the crown. Omega repairs and parts is their "thing". I've used them personally years ago when I first started collecting. I had a vintage omega much like yours that needed a specific link end for the bracelet, and somehow they hunted it down.

Otherwise sure, auction sites work too, though you never know what you will receive. Also, I think MKWS is right about the dial above.

-John
    -John

Thread Information