Need help finding a crown for Zenith Grand Prix Paris 1900 pocket watch

Thread: Need help finding a crown for Zenith Grand Prix Paris 1900 pocket watch

Confused Need help finding a crown for Zenith Grand Prix Paris 1900 pocket watch

Hi everyone,

I inherited a 1920 (I think) watch that used to belong to my great grandfather and it's in decent shape outside and inside but is missing the crown.

It would be great if I could get it to working state and the crown seems to be the biggest obstacle.

It's a pusher crown that opens the front lead. Anyone knows if it's possible to find a replacement crown and what to look for? I don't have a precise tool to measure, but it seems that the stem is 1.2mm in diameter. Using that information, the closest thing I could find is a 8.4mm tap 6 pusher crown from this website https://www.jewelerssupplies.com/cro...ct%20Size.html

Is there any other measure that I need to take? Any information would be highly appreciated. Even if I find a modern production crown that fits, it would be great, I could have it silver plated and aged to match the rest of the watch.

Thanks in advance,
    Bane

Name:  20191001_092017.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  2.97 MBName:  20191001_091952.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  2.23 MBName:  20191002_104026.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  3.31 MB

Re: Need help finding a crown for Zenith Grand Prix Paris 1900 pocket watch

Nice watch

It is a shame about the crown.

Do you have a watchmaker in your area that works on pocket watches? He/She would probably be able to get a new crown for that watch.

Re: Need help finding a crown for Zenith Grand Prix Paris 1900 pocket watch

I went to one but he didn't have any. Here in Serbia I doubt there's enough interest to have watchmakers who would specialize in work like this. I will ask others that I find in the area, but chances are slim.

thanks!

Thread Information