Need help! Id and resotration

Thread: Need help! Id and resotration

Need help! Id and resotration

Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting here. Anyways I'm not really sure where to post this, but I put it on the Omega forum and didn't get a response, hopefully someone might be able to help me here. Here's the write up on the Omega forum.

Linky

Re: Need help! Id and resotration

Well, you won't get a valuation here (the stickies at the top of the forum explain why). I agree that they probably aren't 24k gold; unlikley to even be 24k gold plated, but that's possible. But anything that's solid gold would have a hallmark on it. Check between the lugs (the part where the bracelet attaches to the case) for little pictures and numbers. To tell you more, you'd probably need to take the case back off so that we can see the movement. In general, Omega's tend to be worth restoring, so I'd suggest taking them to a watchmaker and having an estimate done; ask to get a picture of the movment while they're doing that. A good watchmaker may charge you for the estimate if you don't have the work done though; that's actually a good sign, because it means he actually took the watch apart and is giving you a fairly accurate estimate (and thus needs to cover the time it took him to take it apart and put it back together).
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Re: Need help! Id and resotration

Thanks will try that.

Quote Originally Posted by AbslomRob View Post
    Well, you won't get a valuation here (the stickies at the top of the forum explain why). I agree that they probably aren't 24k gold; unlikley to even be 24k gold plated, but that's possible. But anything that's solid gold would have a hallmark on it. Check between the lugs (the part where the bracelet attaches to the case) for little pictures and numbers. To tell you more, you'd probably need to take the case back off so that we can see the movement. In general, Omega's tend to be worth restoring, so I'd suggest taking them to a watchmaker and having an estimate done; ask to get a picture of the movment while they're doing that. A good watchmaker may charge you for the estimate if you don't have the work done though; that's actually a good sign, because it means he actually took the watch apart and is giving you a fairly accurate estimate (and thus needs to cover the time it took him to take it apart and put it back together).

Thread Information