Need help identifying this KL&W pocket watch

Thread: Need help identifying this KL&W pocket watch

Hi Everyone -- I'm fairly new to pocket watch collecting, and have posted on here once before.

I recently bought this small silver pocket watch at an antique store but have not been able to find any information on the maker. There is nothing stamped on the movement, only a KL&W stamp on the inner case and inner movement lid. I'm assuming the .935 number refers to the silver purity.

If anyone knows anything about the maker of this watch, or where I may be able to find more information about it or its value, I would be very appreciative. Thank you!

Hi Everyone -- I'm fairly new to pocket watch collecting, and have posted on here once before. I posted this on the Public Forum but realized this is the place for my question.

I recently bought this small silver pocket watch at an antique store but have not been able to find any information on the maker. There is nothing stamped on the movement, only a KL&W stamp on the inner case and inner movement lid. I'm assuming the .935 number refers to the silver purity.

If anyone knows anything about the maker of this watch, its date, or where I may be able to find more information about it or its value, I would be very appreciative. Thank you!

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Need help identifying this KL&W pocket watch

Post from Public moved. BTW: One thread should do it.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Mike -- Sorry for the duplicate thread. I posted on the public forum first, then realized it didn't belong there, and didn't know how to delete it. Thank you for moving it.

The bear is a Swiss hallmark - other than that I don't know anything.

Pocket watch collectors will be here in due course - but we don't attempt valuations.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

A movement photo might allow us to identify the maker or at least the movements maker. Early Swiss pocket watches, can be tough to identify, later ones are identifiable. The style suggests an Ottoman Empire watch but I'm not a PW expert.

Here's a movement photo and a case photo, thank you very much for your help.

We wouldn't be able to give you an evaluation, John. For one, most pocket watches are not worth much, for two, it's impossible to evaluate things from photographs.

Apart from saying it's probably a woman's pin-set watch, I can't say much else.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Pin set watches weren't all that common after the turn of the century (especially with a lever escapment). The design of this one is typical for "jobber" watches (the large plate with no gearing allows for extensive custom engraving), but since it wasn't engraved with anything, I'd guess it's a eubache that some enterprising cottage watchmaker finished and sold on the side.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Interesting, thank you all very much for the information!

Thread Information