Need help identifying watch value of Accutron Bulova, works and hums perfectly
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trim

Thread: Need help identifying watch value of Accutron Bulova, works and hums perfectly

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Webb City, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    4

    Need help identifying watch value of Accutron Bulova, works and hums perfectly

    My wife found this watch in her stuff that was stored from her dad. It has an N2 on the back and says Gold filled. It has a 218 movement but I haven't been able to find one exactly like it anywhere. Any thoughts? Thanks! It works and hums just fine but is a little corroded
    .Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 3289
Size:  259.6 KB

  2. #2
    Member trim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,814

    Re: Need help identifying watch value of Accutron Bulova, works and hums perfectly

    As you may have gathered looking around, N2 = 1972.

  3. #3
    Member trim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,814

    Re: Need help identifying watch value of Accutron Bulova, works and hums perfectly

    From Tom's site - he identifies it as:



    Case #2925, N2, 14K ygf, movt is cal 2182, N2, Arabic dial

    Have a look, this is one of the best Accutron resources

    Accutron Research Page at Dash-2

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Webb City, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    4

    Re: Need help identifying watch value of Accutron Bulova, works and hums perfectly

    Thats awesome! thanks for your help!

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Webb City, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    4

    Re: Need help identifying watch value of Accutron Bulova, works and hums perfectly

    Quote Originally Posted by trim View Post
    From Tom's site - he identifies it as:



    Case #2925, N2, 14K ygf, movt is cal 2182, N2, Arabic dial

    Have a look, this is one of the best Accutron resources

    Accutron Research Page at Dash-2

    Any ideas what this one is worth possibly?

  7. #6
    Member Sparcster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    3,447

    Re: Need help identifying watch value of Accutron Bulova, works and hums perfectly

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Gillmore View Post
    Any ideas what this one is worth possibly?
    Hi Stephen and welcome!

    Looks like a very nice watch... as for price, this is something not discussed on the forum! If you read the 'stickies' on the main vintage form page (at the top), it explains why!

    This type of watch comes up on Ebay quite often.... should give you an idea of 'value'.

    Cheers
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    Twitter: quickpicmarc

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Webb City, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    4

    Re: Need help identifying watch value of Accutron Bulova, works and hums perfectly

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparcster View Post
    Hi Stephen and welcome!

    Looks like a very nice watch... as for price, this is something not discussed on the forum! If you read the 'stickies' on the main vintage form page (at the top), it explains why!

    This type of watch comes up on Ebay quite often.... should give you an idea of 'value'.

    Cheers
    I appreciate the heads up. My wife wanted me to see if it was worth it to move it to help pay some college tuition for our daughter. I appreciate you letting me know about that though. I'm not a very attentive reader! :)

  9. #8
    Member TheJohnP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,336

    Re: Need help identifying watch value of Accutron Bulova, works and hums perfectly

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Gillmore View Post
    I appreciate the heads up. My wife wanted me to see if it was worth it to move it to help pay some college tuition for our daughter. I appreciate you letting me know about that though. I'm not a very attentive reader! :)
    If you search ebay for completed listings on Accutrons, you will get a good gauge on the general worth.
    Considering there is some corrosion and only gold filled, I would gather it probably won't put too much of a dent into a tuition unfortunately.
    I've got more Converse sneakers than watches, but it is a close race.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •