Need help ID'ing this automatic
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Roland Ranfft

Thread: Need help ID'ing this automatic

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member MrTimex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    130

    Need help ID'ing this automatic

    My coworker brought this in to have me look at it. And as you can see on the dial, the name is worn off. Its a 41 jewel movement.



    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Attached Images Attached Images






  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,819

    Re: Need help ID'ing this automatic

    ID it ?

    The ETA movement number number is engraved on the rotor :)
    Last edited by watchma; June 10th, 2013 at 22:16.

  3. #3
    Zenith Forum Co-moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,783

    Re: Need help ID'ing this automatic

    Just in case a little more help is needed:

    bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: ETA 2452

    Hartmut Richter

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    128

    Re: Need help ID'ing this automatic

    Sears Roebuck & Co. with an ETA2452 movement.
    50's or 60's, and cheaper to buy than a similar watch with a famous maker on the dial.

    Sears, Wards, and Pennys used to sell all kinds of goods made by famous manufacturers with their names attached. A good example would be Sears Ted Williams rifles made by Marlin and Mossberg.

  6. #5
    Member DaBaeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    States: east -nyc/phila
    Posts
    6,644

    Re: Need help ID'ing this automatic

    ooh-boy-look at all of those jewels.

    p.s.-Sears used to sell its own branded version of a very nice Sicura deep diver and one pops up every now and again on bayE
    Last edited by DaBaeker; June 11th, 2013 at 01:09.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,819

    Re: Need help ID'ing this automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    Just in case a little more help is needed:

    bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: ETA 2452

    Hartmut Richter
    Maybe Roland should be informed there is another variant of this movement as he only lists 17/21/25/30 Steine

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wegberg, Germany
    Posts
    3,757

    Re: Need help ID'ing this automatic

    Hi there,

    Quote Originally Posted by watchma View Post
    Maybe Roland should be informed there is another variant of this movement as he only lists 17/21/25/30 Steine
    In the 60s there was a short periode when some makers popped jewels in every open hole of the movement or even drilled additional holes for this purpose. I've seen examples with more than 100 jewels, but stiil believe it it wouldn't be helpfull to mention such excesses in an archive.

    Regards, Roland Ranfft

    Regards, Roland Ranfft
    Eeeb and watchma like this.

  9. #8
    Member stratct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Good O'l CT, USA.
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland Ranfft View Post
    Hi there,

    In the 60s there was a short periode when some makers popped jewels in every open hole of the movement or even drilled additional holes for this purpose. I've seen examples with more than 100 jewels, but stiil believe it it wouldn't be helpfull to mention such excesses in an archive.

    Regards, Roland Ranfft

    Regards, Roland Ranfft
    Yeah those reverser wheels are over jeweled lol.
    Stratocasters Rock!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •