Need help ID'ing Vintage Omega Seamaster Geneve

Thread: Need help ID'ing Vintage Omega Seamaster Geneve

Need help ID'ing Vintage Omega Seamaster Geneve

Hey everyone, I was wondering if you might be able to help me ID this vintage Omega Seamaster Geneve.

My friend brought this to me, told me is was his grandfather's. He doesn't know how old it is but here are a few picures.

The model/movement number etched into the caseback is as follows:

136017-TOOL 107

The watch is currently not running and I'm unsure if it's a "wind up" or just needs a new battery.
    There is no way to remove the caseback so I'm assuming access to the movement and battery, if there is one, is via the watch face.

Any and all information you may have regarding this watch is very welcome and allow me to thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks, WUS!
    Armida A8 Brass / Benarus Vintage Moray 44 / Borealis Oceanaut / Bulova Lunar Pilot Chronograph / Citizen EcoZilla BJ8050-08E / Citizen Eco-Drive AT0524-54A / Deep Blue BlueTech Abyss 500 / Deep Blue Nato Diver 300 / Doxa SUB 1200t Professional / G-Shock GWN-1000-1B / G-Shock GW-7900B-1JF / Helberg CH6 Bronze / Helm Vanuatu / Helson Shark Diver 45 Brass / Hexa F74 / Karlskrona Baltic Shield / Lum-Tec M68 / Magrette Vantage Bronze / Makara Sea Turtle Hawksbill / Makara Octopus Bronze / Maranez Rawai Brass / Maratac SR1 / Pathfinder PAG40-5V / Redux Courg / River Tiber Sport / Seiko SUN023 / Seiko SRPA21 / Seiko SPR775 / Seiko SRP311 "Orange Monster" / Seiko SRP455K1 "100th Anniversary Blue Monster" / Seiko Yobokies "Snow Monster" / Seiko SKX779 "Black Monster" / Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster" / Seiko SKX009 / Tmex Expedition T498759J / Undone Aqua / Undone Urban

Re: Need help ID'ing Vintage Omega Seamaster Geneve

Hi there,

The watch looks to be a bit of a 'Franken' to me.

The case type I have seen used on Omega seamaster cosmic watches.... I have not seen a geneve in that type of case. The case clearly says seamaster... which you should also see on the dial!

That said, I think the dial has been refinished/replaced. The font does not look right to me (type and font style), plus, with the lack of 'swiss' or 'swiss made', the dial looks repainted.

The hands look wrong

as does the date wheel!

The case may be Omega (looks ok) and you could hope the movement is also.... which should be mechanical - not 'battery'.

Hope this helps!

Marc
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Hi there,

it is indeed a Franken watch. Here the gold plated equivalent of this model for comparison:
    bidfun-db Archive: Wrist Watches: 807: Gents Omega Seamaster Cosmic Manual Wind, 1969

Since Omega used to apply date disks matching the color of the dial, this one formerly had a dark (black, blue...) dial.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks so much for the info, I'll gladly pass it on to my friend.
    He and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share some of your knowledge.
    Armida A8 Brass / Benarus Vintage Moray 44 / Borealis Oceanaut / Bulova Lunar Pilot Chronograph / Citizen EcoZilla BJ8050-08E / Citizen Eco-Drive AT0524-54A / Deep Blue BlueTech Abyss 500 / Deep Blue Nato Diver 300 / Doxa SUB 1200t Professional / G-Shock GWN-1000-1B / G-Shock GW-7900B-1JF / Helberg CH6 Bronze / Helm Vanuatu / Helson Shark Diver 45 Brass / Hexa F74 / Karlskrona Baltic Shield / Lum-Tec M68 / Magrette Vantage Bronze / Makara Sea Turtle Hawksbill / Makara Octopus Bronze / Maranez Rawai Brass / Maratac SR1 / Pathfinder PAG40-5V / Redux Courg / River Tiber Sport / Seiko SUN023 / Seiko SRPA21 / Seiko SPR775 / Seiko SRP311 "Orange Monster" / Seiko SRP455K1 "100th Anniversary Blue Monster" / Seiko Yobokies "Snow Monster" / Seiko SKX779 "Black Monster" / Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster" / Seiko SKX009 / Tmex Expedition T498759J / Undone Aqua / Undone Urban

Thread Information