Hi guys,So, you can read from title: I'm totally unfamiliar with vintage watches, and today I was visiting my mother and ask her about watches that belonged to my father deceased in 1998. She opened a drawer and gave me 10 watches (and some really old coins and bills). I recognized that some can be of some value, and others are pretty much junk. As I really can't tell which of those have some value and are worth to repair, I'm kindly asking you for help and suggestions. Don't plan to sell them, just want to know which once are worth to repair. So, here we go:
1) J.Chevalier, Quartz - nothing on the caseback, year unknown
2) Cetezin Crystal, Quartz - year unknown, but more then 35-40 years. I remember I wore this watch when I was a child (I'm 52 now). I thought it's kind of fake Citizen, but found some for sale on one Bulgarian and one Malta website.
3) No branding, quartz - blue dial, applied indices, lume on hands, also worn as child. Junk I think?
4) No branding, year unknown, fake subdials - I'm pretty sure it's junk.
5) Seiko, Quartz - year unknown. OK, this can maybe have some value and worth to repair. Your thoughts?
6) Dugena Quartz. Year 1991. This one was my watch, I bought it in Germany, and it's in really good condition. Didn't see it for at least 23 years. This one will probably go to my wife, as it's too small for me as of today's standards.
7) Darwil, ladys watch, mechanical. Year unknown (although on the back is metioned 68?)
8) Piranha, ladys watch, mechanical. Year unknown. On caseback: stainless steel and ser.number
9) Molina or Mollna or Malina or Mallna (can't read correctly), Russian, Quartz. Exact year unknown.
10) I think this is most interesting and valuable one. Watch from my grandfather, think at least 60y or more old (probably more). No branding or anything on the watch. Apparently case is made of silver (so my grandfather told to my father). Will take it to juwelier to check that, and to watchmaker to open it to see which movement is inside.OK guys, that's it. Currently none of the watches is in working order. Need to take them to watchmaker to change batteries, or service/repair mechanical ones (if it's worth it)..What do you know/think about these watches?.I apologize if something is wrong with pics. I usually post from my phone, but this is long(er) post with lots of pics, so this one is written on my PC..Thanks in advance for your help!