Need help: I'm unfamiliar with Vintage watches, and got these out of drawer after more than 25 years
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Need help: I'm unfamiliar with Vintage watches, and got these out of drawer after more than 25 years

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help: I'm unfamiliar with Vintage watches, and got these out of drawer after more than 25 years

Hi guys,So, you can read from title: I'm totally unfamiliar with vintage watches, and today I was visiting my mother and ask her about watches that belonged to my father deceased in 1998. She opened a drawer and gave me 10 watches (and some really old coins and bills). I recognized that some can be of some value, and others are pretty much junk. As I really can't tell which of those have some value and are worth to repair, I'm kindly asking you for help and suggestions. Don't plan to sell them, just want to know which once are worth to repair. So, here we go:
    1) J.Chevalier, Quartz - nothing on the caseback, year unknown

2) Cetezin Crystal, Quartz - year unknown, but more then 35-40 years. I remember I wore this watch when I was a child (I'm 52 now). I thought it's kind of fake Citizen, but found some for sale on one Bulgarian and one Malta website.

3) No branding, quartz - blue dial, applied indices, lume on hands, also worn as child. Junk I think?

4) No branding, year unknown, fake subdials - I'm pretty sure it's junk.

5) Seiko, Quartz - year unknown. OK, this can maybe have some value and worth to repair. Your thoughts?

6) Dugena Quartz. Year 1991. This one was my watch, I bought it in Germany, and it's in really good condition. Didn't see it for at least 23 years. This one will probably go to my wife, as it's too small for me as of today's standards.

7) Darwil, ladys watch, mechanical. Year unknown (although on the back is metioned 68?)

8) Piranha, ladys watch, mechanical. Year unknown. On caseback: stainless steel and ser.number

9) Molina or Mollna or Malina or Mallna (can't read correctly), Russian, Quartz. Exact year unknown.

10) I think this is most interesting and valuable one. Watch from my grandfather, think at least 60y or more old (probably more). No branding or anything on the watch. Apparently case is made of silver (so my grandfather told to my father). Will take it to juwelier to check that, and to watchmaker to open it to see which movement is inside.OK guys, that's it. Currently none of the watches is in working order. Need to take them to watchmaker to change batteries, or service/repair mechanical ones (if it's worth it)..What do you know/think about these watches?.I apologize if something is wrong with pics. I usually post from my phone, but this is long(er) post with lots of pics, so this one is written on my PC..Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by NocturnalWatch; October 27th, 2018 at 21:31. Reason: Trying to correct post and images

Re: Need help: I'm unfamiliar with Vintage watches, and got these out of drawer after more than 25 y

Being from your deceased father, I guess that is the higher value a watch could have (at least for me).

In terms of money, all the wrist ones have a joint value next to zero. The pocket ones might have some market value, I don't know.
    tempus fugit ergo carpe diem

Re: Need help: I'm unfamiliar with Vintage watches, and got these out of drawer after more than 25 y

Sorry, but I find your post almost impossible to read. The watches pictured will have, I suspect, sentimental value only but I would urge you to read the forum rules and this thread before you incur the wrath of the moderators :https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/%2...r-4796269.html

Regards.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

dugena looks nice :)
    NocturnalWatch and esdy_11192 like this.
    Chaos is my focus

The Seiko Quartz looks pretty old. Be interesting to explore that one.

Quote Originally Posted by balaton View Post
    Sorry, but I find your post almost impossible to read. The watches pictured will have, I suspect, sentimental value only but I would urge you to read the forum rules and this thread before you incur the wrath of the moderators :https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/%2...r-4796269.html

Regards.
    Sorry, I don't know what went wrong! Now I can also see how terrible it looks. I have looked preview before posting it, and it was OK! Will try to correct somehow if I can. Sorry once again!

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk

Sentimental value only. But if you like any of them, it's worth a try to install a battery.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

OK guys, sorry for terrible 1st OP. I don't know what went wrong. I have corrected #1 post, so I hope it's better now. As for quartz watches go: I will try to change batteries to check them (I can do it myself), but I would really like to know which of mechanical once are worth to service/repair? Especially last one - old silver pocket watch.

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk

As others said, they certainly have sentimental value, belonging to your father and grandfather, and you also wore them as a child.

The last pocket watch seems nice, is it possible to show its movement?
    -- Mimi --

A post of turbo movement of the last watch is needed before there is much to say about it. Nice looking case.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information