Today I received a Leyonet pocket watch from my father in law. He know I am obsessed by watches and asked my opinion. I tried to find some information but hadn't any luck. I am thinking of sending it to a watchmaker and give it some service. Not because I think the watch is worth alot of money but because it is a family item which in my opinion needs more pride :)
I estimate the watch around 100 years in age. This are my first thoughts about it:
- It don't have a crystal (but this can be fixed for a low price)
- have some good marks of wear (but hell, it is 100 years old)
- Never heard of the brand 'leyonet' (looks french)
- First wind indicates the watch is running , in a 6 hour test it keeps accurate time
- Original dial is in very good condition (no (big) scuffs, marks or flaws)
- Original hands in good condition
The inner case showing
'Leyonet 19 rubies'
The movement, seems it has some adjustment options as well
Hoping anyone has more information about this watch? And any thoughts about service it and polish/plate it a bit.