Need help with Mido Commander
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By decimotyo
  • 1 Post By mkws
  • 1 Post By Habitant

Thread: Need help with Mido Commander

Need help with Mido Commander

Hi there everybody, first of all i am new here and to the whole watch hobby my friend just recently got me interested in watches. So as i was searching for a watch my dad got me one of his old ones. He doesn't really know anything about it he just said he got it in a market when he was studying in germany and changed the strap. I tried to do some research but it's quite different from the one i got. So i don't really know anything about this watch except it has a 37,5 mm diamater and what it written on it so i'd like to know if anybody can help me with what i got, the movement inside it, power reserve, ect. Thx before
    Attached Images Attached Images

bobbee likes this.

Re: Need help with Mido Commander

Welcome to the forum!
    Nice piece. Late 1960s- early 1970s. You'd have to open the watch and post a picture of the movement. Mido used quite a lot of different ones- usually either made by A. Schild (AS) or ETA.
    This one would be my guess:
    bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Mido 001147OCD (AS 1831)
    Based on the AS 1831.
    The watch looks to be a front-loader (movement access from the dial side), and the description of the movement would confirm that.
    That's just a guess though- I haven't got psychic powers that would allow me to look inside a closed watch case.
    decimotyo likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mkws View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    Nice piece. Late 1960s- early 1970s. You'd have to open the watch and post a picture of the movement. Mido used quite a lot of different ones- usually either made by A. Schild (AS) or ETA.
    This one would be my guess:
    Based on the AS 1831.
    The watch looks to be a front-loader (movement access from the dial side), and the description of the movement would confirm that.
    That's just a guess though- I haven't got psychic powers that would allow me to look inside a closed watch case.
    Thanks, so this is a legit Mido watch? I don't know if you can see it in the picture but the color looks kinda cheap (maybe repainted) so i thought that it was a fake. Yes i'm planning on opening it soon and post the picture of the movement i don't have the necessarily tools right now. Thanks for the answer

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think it's the real thing. And I believe that mkws is right about the movement, cal 001147OCD. A great, undervalued watch. Front loader, a bit of bugger to open. Case is looking a bit thin, plating wise. Normally, though, they're quite well plated (I have a similar one that's 80 microns, premium plating), so a bit surprised about that. Maybe someone ran the buffer wheel over it extra hard. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by decimotyo View Post
    Thanks, so this is a legit Mido watch? I don't know if you can see it in the picture but the color looks kinda cheap (maybe repainted) so i thought that it was a fake. Yes i'm planning on opening it soon and post the picture of the movement i don't have the necessarily tools right now. Thanks for the answer
    bobbee likes this.

Thread Information