Need help with vintage Rolex chrono with a Valjoux 22 movement

Thread: Need help with vintage Rolex chrono with a Valjoux 22 movement

Need help with vintage Rolex chrono with a Valjoux 22 movement

I'm convinced that this is a valjoux 22 movement. It's missing the main operating levers for the chrono and has a broken balance staff. My question is, are parts from this movement interchangeable? I think the only problem would be caused by the balance staff since this movement uses an incabloc. Or would that not make a difference?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Vicc; April 20th, 2013 at 05:12.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Need help with vintage Rolex chrono with a Valjoux 22 movement

So you want to trash a Bovet chronograph to save the Rolex movement? Why? Just because it has Rolex on the dial (or, in the absence of the rest of the watch, the chronograph bridge)?!

If you really want to go ahead, since it is a generic movement (Rolex or no Rolex, it is still generic), the parts ought to be interchangeable. I don't know whether the Incabloc version needs a slightly longer or shorter balance staff but I doubt it. Be careful, though - the Valjoux 22 and Valjoux 23 look very similar but the sizes (and therefore also the sizes of their parts) differ slightly. Make sure you really do have two compatible movements.

Hartmut Richter

Oh got it, thanks. I guess I'll double check the sizes first. As for the first bit of your comment, I needed parts for the Rolex because it's a profitable repair and the bovet was cheap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The balance staffs usualy have different dimensions between inca and non Inca movements of the same caliber.

The dimensions can be compared using the staff catalogues found here....

uhrenteile24.de - Technical library

Re: Need help with vintage Rolex chrono with a Valjoux 22 movement Hi I was doing a search for peopl

Quote Originally Posted by Vicc View Post
    I'm convinced that this is a valjoux 22 movement. It's missing the main operating levers for the chrono and has a broken balance staff. My question is, are parts from this movement interchangeable? I think the only problem would be caused by the balance staff since this movement uses an incabloc. Or would that not make a difference?
    Hi I came across your thread when I was looking for people who needed VALJOUX 22 Staff. If you still need them contact me at [email protected]

Thread Information