Need help w/Bitunia watch, ladies 1871 pocketwatch & Bulova-UPDATED with pictures.

Thread: Need help w/Bitunia watch, ladies 1871 pocketwatch & Bulova-UPDATED with pictures.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help w/Bitunia watch, ladies 1871 pocketwatch & Bulova-UPDATED with pictures.

Hello.

I was directed over here from the general forum. Rather than repost everything, please see the link down below to the thread I posted there (hope that is ok). I would appreciate info, particularly regarding the Bitunia watch and the pocketwatch listed in this title.

If it is better to post the pics and info here, just let me know.

Thanks!

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/hell...ml#post5808023
    Last edited by kronological; January 1st, 2013 at 00:05. Reason: Added Pictures

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Need help w/Bitunia watch and ladies 1871 pocketwatch

I think that one won't be able to tell you much without some movement pictures - and for that you would have to open the watches up. Both probably have generic movements of some type so the make is less important than the maker of the movement.

Hartmut Richter

Re: Need help w/Bitunia watch and ladies 1871 pocketwatch

There are many pictures posted on the link I supplied, but it might be better if I put them here:

Here are pics of the ladies pocketwatch. The case appears to be silver. It has a ladies name and Feb. 7th. 1891 engraved inside. On the movement there appears to be "S+P" and "243" below that. There also seems to be "S+P" with "0800" below it stamped inside the clamshell. S/N(?) "51258" also stamped inside the clamshell. There is also a wildlife engraving outside, with what appears to be a Rose Gold bird above a Rose Gold nest. Not sure if the Fob originally came with the watch or not.

Name:  103_0060_zpsb78cae74.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  120.0 KB
    Name:  103_0075_zps443c6554.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  151.4 KB
    Name:  103_0068_zpscc6bdca9.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  179.5 KB
    Name:  103_0065_zps2f1d9092.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  128.1 KB
    Name:  103_0064_zps040d6283.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  148.6 KB
    Name:  101_0073_zpsb9409808.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  143.7 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Need help w/Bitunia watch and ladies 1871 pocketwatch-UPDATED W/Pictures

Here are pics of the Bitunia watch:

On the caseback, it says: "FONDACIER INOXYDABLE SWISS MADE"

Name:  103_0027_zps939cb6eb.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  67.7 KB
    Name:  103_0022_zpsb8cf477f.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  99.0 KB

And a nice Bulova ladies watch I have:
    On the back of the caseback, "Bulova M1 10L Rolled Gold Plate" & S/N F539491
    Name:  101_0094_zpsc0f6787f.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  176.4 KB
    Last edited by kronological; January 1st, 2013 at 00:01.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Need help w/Bitunia watch and ladies 1871 pocketwatch-UPDATED W/Pictures

Well, the pendant watch has a movement I can't identify, I'm afraid. The other two will have ladies "form" (i.e.: non round) movements. Bitunia was registered by no less than three companies as a brand:

1. United Watch Factories P.V.B.A, Antwerpen (Belgium)
    2. Mustang Watch SA, Geneva
    3. Restawa Watch / H. Stämpfli & Co, Grenchen

So, take your pick. If you can open the watch up, an inscription on the inner back cover or the movement might lead to more but there is no guarantee of this.

Hartmut Richter

Re: Need help w/Bitunia watch, ladies 1871 pocketwatch & Bulova-UPDATED with pictures.

Hartmut...thank you for the help!

I will open the back of the Bitunia to see if I can find some additional information.

Would there be anyone else that can tell me more about the pocket watch? Does the "S+P" & "243" on the movement mean anything? How about the "S+P" with "0800" under it inside the caseback. Do any of these markings mean anything?

I am interested in selling it, but I would like to get additional information before I do so.

Thanks.

Re: Need help w/Bitunia watch, ladies 1871 pocketwatch & Bulova-UPDATED with pictures.

Have some close-up pics of the Bitunia watch. There were no markings inside the caseback.

Name:  BituniaMovement_zps928bc7de-Closeup_zpsde77a440.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  59.0 KB
    This is a cropped closeup. There is "Z2" & "SWISS MADE" on the bottom left curving upward. Above the main gear it say "17 JEWELS SEVENTEEN"
    Name:  BituniaMovement_zps928bc7de.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  168.6 KB
    You should be able to open up both photos...one may be clearer than the other.

The cross looks like a swiss patent cross, but I've never seen it with the S+P around it before. But as it happens, there IS a swiss patent #243 that relates to watches: Espacenet - Original document

It appears to deal with the keyless works, and was filed in 1891 by Mdm Jean Aegler. That's an auspicious name, since the Aegler factory was one of the early suppliers to Rolex (not to mention Gruen). But I can't tell you if this particular Aegler is associated.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Thanks for the additional information on the pocketwatch.

Can anyone provide me with some insight on the Bitunia movement pictures?

While taking more photos inside of the case back (of the pocket watch), I discovered what I think is a trademark stamp. I have tried taking photos, but it is too small for my camera to pick up. I can see it fairly clearly under a loupe...it is in a Chevron shape and has a bird inside...maybe a turkey, quail, pheasant, peacock or chukar? I looked through all the pages of the mikrolisk website, but was unable to find it there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information