need info on my bulova bicentennial collection pocket watch

Thread: need info on my bulova bicentennial collection pocket watch

need info on my bulova bicentennial collection pocket watch

can anyone give me some information on my bulova bicentennial collection pocket watch? it is gold with the eagle on the front. there are no markings on the watch but on the case it says patent pending. i have searched google and cant find anything on the watch. thanks for any information

Re: need info on my bulova bicentennial collection pocket watch

I cannot tell from the pics but I suspect this is 1976 issued watch... probably a quartz movement in a gold plated case. Examine the case for hallmarks and get a pic of the movement if possible.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

here is the case: IMG_0122.jpg picture by ford005 - Photobucket here is the inside:IMG_0122.jpg picture by ford005 - Photobucket sorry for the picture quality i took these with my phone. i dont know anything about watches what are hallmarks? thanks

also any ideas on value? thanks for any help, i inherited this watch from my grandpa i dont know anything about it just wanting to find something out about this watch, i assume its rare because i cant find anything on it?

Quote Originally Posted by trentt View Post
    here is the case: IMG_0122.jpg picture by ford005 - Photobucket here is the inside:IMG_0122.jpg picture by ford005 - Photobucket sorry for the picture quality i took these with my phone. i dont know anything about watches what are hallmarks? thanks
    When I said insides, I meant the actual mechanicals that are inside the case, behind the dial. Usually the backs of pocket watches screw off or an be easily pried open. There is, at the top of the forum, a subsection with useful articles. One is how to open these cases.

There is also an article on how we don't do valuations and how you can do one yourself. But I can say, in general, watches are no where near as valuable as people usually think they are. And being rare doesn't make something valuable unless there are a whole bunch of people who want it and will drive up the price to get it. While this may be an interesting watch to some collectors, their number is no where near as large as those desiring genuine American railroad grade watches, for example.

But this is interesting enough that I would like to see if this is a tuning fork Accutron movement encased in a pocket watch. If it is just a normal mechanical watch movement in a pocket watch I would be a little disappointed. I would be surprised if this was a real mechanical pocket watch movement. But we can only know if we can get information on the insides....
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

I'm wondering what "bicentennial" it's celebrating? Bulova had it's 125 anniversary last year, I think, so it isn't likely Bulova's.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

I have seen Bulova Bicentennial watches before. They were made for the US Bicentennial in 1976 the one I saw before had a Unitas movement.

Thread Information