Need some help.

Thread: Need some help.

Need some help.

I have two Timex early 1970's manual wind with day and date windows. There seems to be no quick set function as there is no 2nd position of the crown. How can I get the day and date synchronized? The day is constantly off and doesn't match the date. What is the trick, or is something broken. They seem to work fine otherwise.
    cottontop
    "What's time to a hog?" Junior Samples

Re: Need some help.

On some you can turn the hands backward past 10:00, and go forward past 12:00 to advance the date. If you move the hands backwards past 6:00 (I believe), then forward you will advance the day. So you set the day first then set the date.

If that doesn't work, post on the Timex Forum and you will get the right answer.

The TIMEX Watch Forum

Ron

I have one auto-timex c1970 that has to be advanced 24hrs to set the day (while the date advances too)then I have to do the advance retreat method to set the date. BUT_instead of retreating to 10 I have to retreat all the way to 6 (or 6pm) and then advance to 12:15 and repeat. (you can experiment with how far back you have to retreat to get the date to advance) Otherwise you have to advance the date forward through its cycle and then turn the hands backwards as many 24hr cycles as you need to get to the proper day. In other words-with timex vintage there is not always a simple method to synching the D/D feature w/o doing some work. g luck.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Ron. You are the man. This worked and both of them are now in sync. Thanks again.
    cottontop

Thanks to you too, DaBaeker. Before the 12 to 10 to 12 thing will work on these two watches, they have to be first turned through their complete 24 hour cycle. It is similar to the quick change date on my Russian Vostoks. The date is changed by turning from 12 to 8 to 12 and back again.
    cottontop

Thread Information